[Bug] Killed by a dead assassin.

Windows support forum for Eschalon: Book II
Sslaxx
Council Member

[Bug] Killed by a dead assassin.

Post by Sslaxx »

Noticed this in 1.04a, but I suspect earlier versions have it too.

Without doing the strange letter quest, first go to the Port Kudaad sewers and kill Zeblin. Then go back and speak to Darius. You cannot complete the "To Hunt An Assassin" quest (because Zeblin is already dead!).
Stuart "Sslaxx" Moore.
obiwan
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Re: [Bug] Killed by a dead assassin.

Post by obiwan »

Hmm, sneaky. I think maybe the thief hide-out door should not open if darus is still alive to prevent this inconsistency.
Farwalker
Officer [Silver Rank]
Officer [Silver Rank]

Post by Farwalker »

obiwan wrote:Hmm, sneaky. I think maybe the thief hide-out door should not open if darus is still alive to prevent this inconsistency.
Perhaps better to just not offer the quest to find the killer if you've already killed Zeblin.

I like the idea of being able to go talk to Zeblin, potentially get some training from him, then go see Darius - and then go track down Zeblin as the killer. I'm planning to give that a try...
Sslaxx
Council Member

Post by Sslaxx »

Farwalker wrote:I like the idea of being able to go talk to Zeblin, potentially get some training from him, then go see Darius - and then go track down Zeblin as the killer. I'm planning to give that a try...
You can't. Zeblin won't speak to you.
Stuart "Sslaxx" Moore.
Farwalker
Officer [Silver Rank]
Officer [Silver Rank]

Post by Farwalker »

Sslaxx wrote:
Farwalker wrote:I like the idea of being able to go talk to Zeblin, potentially get some training from him, then go see Darius - and then go track down Zeblin as the killer. I'm planning to give that a try...
You can't. Zeblin won't speak to you.
Awwwww.... :cry:
KillingMoon
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by KillingMoon »

I wouldn't want BasiliskWrangler to worry too much about this one, although the idea to receive training and still be able to do the Assassin quest is nice, of course.
Farwalker
Officer [Silver Rank]
Officer [Silver Rank]

Post by Farwalker »

KillingMoon wrote:I wouldn't want BasiliskWrangler to worry too much about this one, although the idea to receive training and still be able to do the Assassin quest is nice, of course.
Absolutely. Having training for some skills open up via quests is a good idea. Loss of experience because you missed out on a quest? Nothing wrong with making it a tougher choice.

The only downside I see is for people looking to maximize score (I think I recall missing a quest affects that?)... might make a rogue type character less attractive for that. But as a designer that would tempt me to put more quests in that other types of characters are likely to want to sacrifice for something they want more. :D