Undead undead

Windows support forum for Eschalon: Book II
KillingMoon
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Undead undead

Post by KillingMoon »

Version 1.03;
I've had this a couple of times with Skeleton Archers; I kill one, the info bar says the archer is dead, the health bar is gone, but the archer is still standing.

From then on I cannot hit this archer anymore. I can point my weapon to it, the attack symbol shows up, but I'm only striking clean air when I try to hit it. The archer is still capable of attacking me, and doing damage.
Once I've been able to kill an undead undead archer by parry, meaning that my sword hit air on my own turn, but the riposte was effective; the archer died - really died.
But this didn't happen consistently, so I've also seen both the strike as the riposte go amiss on those undead undead.

I discovered the best thing I could do is to retreat and let the archer regain some of its health bar, then I could return to it and I was able to hit it again.

I got double experience points from an archer I had to kill twice, and an undead undead is a cool feature, but it's probably helpful if I report it here, incase somebody else stumbles upon the same thing.
I'm not sure what causes it. I didn't have it when I was playing with a character that used a piercing weapon, but this swordwielder had it a few times. It could have something to do with the riposte feature, but it was only with skeleton archers as well, so I don't know.

Since I play with all rules on I can't make a save in the game when this is happening. I do have a screenshot, but that's only showing an archer still standing while the info says I've just killed him.