Fixes and Requests for 1.05

Windows support forum for Eschalon: Book II
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Re: Fixes and Requests for 1.05

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

Randomizer wrote:When you attack or kill a bronze dragonel over water in Greenriven Lake the blood persists on the water.
Blame it on BP, not BW. ;-)
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Rebelicious
Steward

Post by Rebelicious »

Randomizer wrote:When you attack or kill a bronze dragonel over water in Greenriven Lake the blood persists on the water.
This actually happens anywhere, with any creature. Having harpies bleed in mid-air due to poison looks.. weird.
CamRaiD
Initiate

Post by CamRaiD »

Just some balancing suggestions and a 2 bugs.....

I noticed that the barkeep runs out of food and never restocks. This became a problem for my particularly weak starting character. There was no way to acquire food, even thought I had plenty of gold.

I went to bed in my house, and it started raining while i was asleep and when i woke up, there was rain noise going on, but no rain was visible.

In the starting screen where you choose "new game" or "restore", the scrolling clouds in the backgrounds occasionally have a visible vertical seam that scrolls along with them.
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

CamRaiD wrote:Just some balancing suggestions and a 2 bugs.....

I noticed that the barkeep runs out of food and never restocks. This became a problem for my particularly weak starting character. There was no way to acquire food, even thought I had plenty of gold.
The Inn restocks every 8th day, as does every shop, and I've never seen Jarvik without some food. If you can make it to Everdale, you'll get a wider selection (and more filling stuff).
---

IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

Kreador Freeaxe wrote:
CamRaiD wrote:Just some balancing suggestions and a 2 bugs.....

The Inn restocks every 8th day, as does every shop, and I've never seen Jarvik without some food.
Yeah, he seems to always have some food, but I have sometimes been to Jarvik when he's had no Torches for sale.

So, I'd really like it if a permanent slot for Torches can be added to Jarvik, and a permanent slot for Empty Flasks could be added to Eleanise, in Eastwillow.
CamRaiD wrote:I went to bed in my house, and it started raining while i was asleep and when i woke up, there was rain noise going on, but no rain was visible.
Something like this has happened to me while camping - did you happen to "wake yourself up" in the middle of the storm, and then go back to sleep again? Because I think this is what I did when that happened to me.
CamRaiD wrote:In the starting screen where you choose "new game" or "restore", the scrolling clouds in the backgrounds occasionally have a visible vertical seam that scrolls along with them.
Can't say I've ever seen this - can you grab a screenshot of that next time it happens? (You may have to put the game in 'Windowed' mode to take the screenshot...)
KillingMoon
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by KillingMoon »

Rebelicious wrote:This actually happens anywhere, with any creature. Having harpies bleed in mid-air due to poison looks.. weird.
Which version are you playing? I believe it has been fixed in some patch?
CamRaiD wrote:I went to bed in my house, and it started raining while i was asleep and when i woke up, there was rain noise going on, but no rain was visible.
Same thing. I believe I've seen this in a list of fixes for a patch?
CamRaiD wrote:I noticed that the barkeep runs out of food and never restocks. There was no way to acquire food, even thought I had plenty of gold.
You can ask for a bed at an inn, then also you food and drink bars will completely fill up. Only thing is that Jarvik is not really taking costumers, so you'd need one of the other inns.
xolotl
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by xolotl »

IJBall wrote:So, I'd really like it if a permanent slot for Torches can be added to Jarvik
So you don't just collect torches from dungeons as-needed? I couldn't imagine paying money for a torch...
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

xolotl wrote:
IJBall wrote:So, I'd really like it if a permanent slot for Torches can be added to Jarvik
So you don't just collect torches from dungeons as-needed? I couldn't imagine paying money for a torch...
But some of us need torches before we go into that first dungeon! :wink:
And I like to play my guys such that they usually don't "steal" torches from the town (unless I'm playing Nefarious!). :mrgreen:

That's why having Jarvik have a permanent slot for Torch selling would be so good - guys like me would have a guaranteed (above-board) source for torches, before we have to head out after Julian... :)
(Edit: An alternative would be what was done in Book I - make sure that either one of the chests in your house, or the barrel outside your house, had 2-5 torches in them at game's start - then it wouldn't matter if Jarvik stocked them or not...)
xolotl wrote:
Same thing. I believe I've seen this in a list of fixes for a patch?
Yes, I believe it was listed as a "fix" for v1.02.

But I can vouch for the fact that it happened to me, once or twice, with v1.03. :oops:

I don't think it's happened to me with v1.04 yet - I'll report back here if it does...
xolotl
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by xolotl »

Hm, I think I may have stumbled across a bug, would like to see if someone else can reproduce this for me.

When imbuing weapons, even with stackable throwing weapons, you can only do one at a time. The only Imbuing combination which actually changes the item name, though, is Damage (Auricflax and Ambergris). Because of this, you can then stack the non-imbued items into the imbued one (in which case all of the other ones automatically inherit the enhanced abilities), or the other way around (in which case your newly-imbued weapon loses its abilities).

Could someone else verify, and see if it's just something on my machine at the moment? I had been trying it out with my char editor since I don't have a "real" character with Alchemy at the moment, but the items I've been using should be direct copies of actual, real items.
Farwalker
Officer [Silver Rank]
Officer [Silver Rank]

Post by Farwalker »

xolotl wrote:Hm, I think I may have stumbled across a bug, would like to see if someone else can reproduce this for me.

When imbuing weapons, even with stackable throwing weapons, you can only do one at a time. The only Imbuing combination which actually changes the item name, though, is Damage (Auricflax and Ambergris). Because of this, you can then stack the non-imbued items into the imbued one (in which case all of the other ones automatically inherit the enhanced abilities), or the other way around (in which case your newly-imbued weapon loses its abilities).

Could someone else verify, and see if it's just something on my machine at the moment? I had been trying it out with my char editor since I don't have a "real" character with Alchemy at the moment, but the items I've been using should be direct copies of actual, real items.
Confirmed, as you say seem to be based on the name - doesn't work for damage, but other modifications it works for. Tested on a bunch of throwing weapons.

I might just have to use thrown weapons more often now, until this gets fixed anyway... :mrgreen:
Farwalker
Officer [Silver Rank]
Officer [Silver Rank]

Post by Farwalker »

Minor map tweak suggestion:

In the Fellpine Forest there is an old graveyard in NE of area. Given the lack of large clearings in the area it seems a natural place to camp. However, if you camp there, there's a good chance of enemies spawning behind the fence at the south side of the graveyard - and there is no way to get to that area. Monsters that spawn there are sitting ducks, and if any bags drop they cannot be reached.

I'd like to suggest a couple breaks in the fence to improve things.
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

Farwalker wrote:Minor map tweak suggestion:

In the Fellpine Forest there is an old graveyard in NE of area. Given the lack of large clearings in the area it seems a natural place to camp. However, if you camp there, there's a good chance of enemies spawning behind the fence at the south side of the graveyard - and there is no way to get to that area. Monsters that spawn there are sitting ducks, and if any bags drop they cannot be reached.

By the same token, can something please be done with the little shack in the SE corner of Fellpine Forrest:
Fellpine.jpg
Fellpine.jpg (15.92 KiB) Viewed 6024 times
There's nothing clickable in that shack. Heck, there's not even a sconce for a torch!!

It'd be really cool if we could at least get something out of the shack - a torch, some food, etc. Otherwise - why is it even there?! :shock: :wink:
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

The house has a well in the back, but that's the only use I can see for it.

Farwalker, have you tried a powder keg to blow out the fence to get to the bags?
---

Farwalker
Officer [Silver Rank]
Officer [Silver Rank]

Post by Farwalker »

Kreador Freeaxe wrote:The house has a well in the back, but that's the only use I can see for it.

Farwalker, have you tried a powder keg to blow out the fence to get to the bags?
Nope, that might be interesting to try though - it came to mind but I didn't have one with me at the time. (And it would have just been rat meat.)
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

IJBall wrote:
Farwalker wrote:Minor map tweak suggestion:

By the same token, can something please be done with the little shack in the SE corner of Fellpine Forrest:
Fellpine.jpg
There's nothing clickable in that shack. Heck, there's not even a sconce for a torch!!

It'd be really cool if we could at least get something out of the shack - a torch, some food, etc. Otherwise - why is it even there?! :shock: :wink:
I mentioned it to BW, I think during Beta testing, and thought it would be a good place to have a hunter who uses traps. He'd be a trainer for skullduggery. Apparently didn't get put in. Wish it had. :(
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!