Magic bonus on weapons and spell to do

Windows support forum for Eschalon: Book II
michellembrodeur
Initiate

Magic bonus on weapons and spell to do

Post by michellembrodeur »

Ages at high lvl can imbued weapons and armour with special bonus.

But mages do not use sword or such items, if fact all there points go into elemental, divination, int and wisdom.

so why would they need a high lvl weapon, and further more fighter do not put points into the mag stuff or there str and dex and so forth would not reach high enough to be useful if spending it on mage abilities.

So why is there no potions in shops for fighter etc to make there weapons better or at least higher/employ/buy mages to make their weapons higher.

just a thought.

Specially for people who play pure fighters, thieves, rangers or even pure mages.
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Re: Magic bonus on weapons and spell to do

Post by SpottedShroom »

Imbuing is tied to the alchemy skill, not the magic skills. Plenty of non-mage types learn alchemy - not only is it good for imbuing at high levels, but you can use it to make potions to compensate for your lack of spells.
michellembrodeur
Initiate

Post by michellembrodeur »

your missing my point. I and others like to play a pure fighter or thief or what ever.

So we will not spend points on alchemy or other magic base specific stuff .

Also pure mages do not carry massive armour or weapons.

I did all of book one a pure mage no armour but ordinary mage clothes/ only cast spells and drunk potions.
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

michellembrodeur wrote:your missing my point. I and others like to play a pure fighter or thief or what ever.

So we will not spend points on alchemy or other magic base specific stuff .

Also pure mages do not carry massive armour or weapons.

I did all of book one a pure mage no armour but ordinary mage clothes/ only cast spells and drunk potions.
You like to play a pure whatever, so nobody should be able to use the alchemy skill to imbue? I don't think that's what you're trying to say, but that's what comes across. Now, I do think it would be cool if the alchemist (or some alchemist somewhere in the world) would imbue stuff for you for money. Perhaps you'd have to do a quest for them first to unlock that offer. That would be cool.

That said, I had no problem with my cleric getting him to the point where he imbued his endgame armor with +3 all around. Made storming Talushorn much easier when those spearmasters can hardly hit me. Equally, I had no problem with my initial Ranger build getting him high enough in alchemy to imbue bow and axe and armor.

With my pure mage, I ignored alchemy all together. He never needed it. He never carried a weapon in his hand, and not much could ever get to land a hit, so there was no problem.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

If you play a pure class fighter, then the only way to get magically imbued weapons and armor is to find or buy it. However the game is designed for players who want to mix classes, then the enkindle weapon (elemental) and enchant weapon (divination) spells really help someone using a weapon to do damage instead of spells.