Lost walking animation

Windows support forum for Eschalon: Book II
omgtifb
Apprentice

Lost walking animation

Post by omgtifb »

When i move my character, she glides instead of animates in a walking motion. It happened spontaneously after I started the game one day, and hasn't gone away. Is this a known bug? I'm on 1.04.
omgtifb
Apprentice

Re: Lost walking animation

Post by omgtifb »

Thanks JL.

I think this should be treated as a bug and fixed...
omgtifb
Apprentice

Post by omgtifb »

Really not sure. I never turn it off, i just put it into hibernation mode when it's not in use. Modern operating systems are designed for that, and applications shouldn't assume otherwise.
Rowanas
Council Member

Post by Rowanas »

He speaks truth. I never turn my computer off, I just let it sleep.
Eddward
Initiate

Post by Eddward »

I have this problem as well. I've been play in the evening for the last week or so. Last night walking worked fine. Tonight it does not. However I'm running 1.05 on Linux. (Should I repost this on the Linux only board?)

I hibernate my system since restarting all the apps I have in progress and restoring them to their current state would be an unpleasant task. My system says it's been 75 days since the last reboot.
xolotl
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by xolotl »

Eddward wrote:I hibernate my system since restarting all the apps I have in progress and restoring them to their current state would be an unpleasant task. My system says it's been 75 days since the last reboot.
Right now the only way to fix that is with an actual reboot. BW has said he'll look into a fix for the Book 3 engine, but it's something that's unlikely to get fixed in Book 2.
Mod.
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by Mod. »

I never turn my computer off. I never put it in hibernate or sleep-mode or anything like that. I just turn off the monitor at night and my PC stays on. I never encountered this issue ever.
Jack Dandy
Pledge

Post by Jack Dandy »

I got the same problem. Pretty silly, how you have to restart the computer to fix it...

Hoping he fixes it. If not for this one, then the next.