Loading Save Games Crash...

Windows support forum for Eschalon: Book II
Vulpeckulla
Pledge

Loading Save Games Crash...

Post by Vulpeckulla »

I searched around on this board but it seems this issue may be unique to my computer...

I play v1.04

While playing the game if I access the Load Saved Games menu and try to load a Save Game, the program crashes to desktop... Oddly, this does not happen when I load a game from the initial menu at the start of the game. So basically, if I want to load a saved game after breaking my last lockpick or whatever, I have to exit the game entirely (or intentionally cause it to crash by trying to load a game) and restart the game from the beginning screen.

I hope that made sense, basically I am unable to load games after the first time without restarting the Eshalon II program.

Is this a known issue or is it my computer, any suggestions? I have tried reinstalling but am unsure what else to try.
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Re: Loading Save Games Crash...

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

That's an odd one. Without quitting the game or crashing it, have you tried clicking the "Main Menu" selection in the game menu and loading a new game from there rather than clicking Load in the game menu?

Clearly, it's something buggy, so you may also want to make a note for yourself of any utilities you have installed and see if disabling any of those clears up the problem.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Vulpeckulla
Pledge

Post by Vulpeckulla »

Kreador Freeaxe wrote:That's an odd one. Without quitting the game or crashing it, have you tried clicking the "Main Menu" selection in the game menu and loading a new game from there rather than clicking Load in the game menu?
Yes, this will crash the game also, only by completely stopping the program am I able to reload a Save Game.
Clearly, it's something buggy, so you may also want to make a note for yourself of any utilities you have installed and see if disabling any of those clears up the problem.

Such as? Virus scanner? I don't use any kind of game mod if thats what you mean.
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

Vulpeckulla wrote:
Kreador Freeaxe wrote:That's an odd one. Without quitting the game or crashing it, have you tried clicking the "Main Menu" selection in the game menu and loading a new game from there rather than clicking Load in the game menu?
Yes, this will crash the game also, only by completely stopping the program am I able to reload a Save Game.

Such as? Virus scanner? I don't use any kind of game mod if thats what you mean.
I was thinking of something like a disk compression program, antivirus software that's non-standard (as the usual suspects would probably have caused a wider problem), anything that might interrupt a disk call routine.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.