Eschalon version updates for steam users?

Windows support forum for Eschalon: Book II
jackgouber
Initiate

Eschalon version updates for steam users?

Post by jackgouber »

I purchased this game on steam, and would like to update the version, I am currently at v. 1.03 steam hasn't updated the game for me, and I see there is a later version, however when I download the later version in asks for a registration code to get the full version of the game, which I already have. any help would be appreciated.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Re: Eschalon version updates for steam users?

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Furthermore, we are just a couple weeks (or less) from releasing version 1.05, so you might as well wait on that. I'll get aggressive with Steam about updating their version as quickly as possible when 1.05 is released to them.
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
jackgouber
Initiate

Post by jackgouber »

Tonight I blasted steam in the forums, as they have not seen fit to respond to my ticket, I tell you this after this experience I will never again purchase a game from steam. That being said, I will continue to dutifully make noise at steam until they ban me, which was pretty close tonight, they keep censoring my posts.
jackgouber
Initiate

Post by jackgouber »

You'll be happy to know that my tactics did solicit a response from steam, I don't know how to put a link in to see the thread I started, but here is what a valve rep. posted in the thread shortly after I announced I had filed a claim with Better Business Bureau.

Zach

There are some technical issues that are preventing the update from working correctly and we are currently working hard to iron those issues out so we can apply the update.

We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience.

edit: I have figured out how to provide a link to the thread, here it is:
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/s ... ?t=1522675
jackgouber
Initiate

Post by jackgouber »

You'll be glad to know that steam finally updated the steam version of eschalon book II to version 1.04 today. Just a few days after all the screaming in there forums :)