[SPOILER] can't exit guild building

Windows support forum for Eschalon: Book II
kuliksco
Pledge

[SPOILER] can't exit guild building

Post by kuliksco »

So...I just got the fire crux and returned to the guild in the forgotten coast. Down the hallway 4 lizards spawn and the door behind me closes. Kill the lizards...walk down the hall to turn in the crux quest to Korran.

When I try to leave the door is still closed. Is this a bug? I walked around for 20 minutes looking for a floor panel or switch but couldn't find one. Am I stuck?

Here is a picture of the door that won't open back up after killing the lizards and turning in the quest:

Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Re: [SPOILER] can't exit guild building

Post by Randomizer »

It's not a bug. This is what happens when you don't have the viewing glass with you.

You will have to use an editor to move your character past the closed gate or go back to an earlier save.
kuliksco
Pledge

Post by kuliksco »

oh, that's one thing i figured. that doesnt really make sense though since i was able to make it all the way in just fine without it.

the game really should prevent you from getting in at all in the first place so you can't break your save.
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

I would count this as a bug - either you shouldn't be able to talk to Korren without the glass, or the door should open once you successfully get the next quest from him.