Grammatical Errors - Part Six

Windows support forum for Eschalon: Book II
Mod.
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Grammatical Errors - Part Six

Post by Mod. »

Alright, time to post all of the spelling and grammar mistakes since the 1.05 version.
"Our founding Shepherd, Father Beeman - Let us not mourn the date he left this world, but the date he founded our house of worship: the 8th month of 717"
I find it odd that they would mourn the date he founded their house of worship.
Perhaps: "Our founding Shepherd, Father Beeman - Let us not mourn the date he left this world, but remember the date he founded our house of worship: the 8th month of 717"

There is a horizontal line arcing line across the plate- above the line is a skill; below is an outline of a small being.
One of the "line"s should be removed, needs a space before the "-", and because the text after the semicolon should be an independent clause, it should have a subject (I used "it" for my example).
How about:
There is a horizontal arcing line across the plate - above the line is a skull; below it is an outline of a small being.

I wonder what I could of found if I was actually looking for mistakes.
Last edited by Mod. on November 20th, 2010, 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xolotl
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Grammatical Errors - Part Six

Post by xolotl »

Mod. wrote:I find it odd that they would mourn the date he founded their house of worship.
Hey, maybe the guy was a real bastard and everyone secretly hated him and his church. :)
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

OK, remember this fun little discussion about the citizens of Port K and how they react when greeted?!

Well, I'm happy to report that in v1.05 you now get the following message:
This person nods when greeted, but then continues to walk away. Citizens of this large city are not as friendly as those in the smaller villages.
...when you interact without about half of the random citizens on the streets of Port K.

However, I've noticed that interacting with the other half of the citizens on the streets of Port K prompts the following:
This person does not make eye contact when you attempt to greet him. The busy streets of Port Kuudad are filled with nameless citizens going about their business.
As with the original message discussed here, this one fails to be 'gender-neutral' like it should.

So I would like to suggest that the second message above be changed in the next version of Book II to something like:
This person does not make eye contact when you attempt a friendly greeting. The busy streets of Port Kuudad are filled with nameless citizens determined to go about their business without distractions.
Viola! - gender-neutral message #2!! :)
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

Maybe it's only men who are that rude? ;-)
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Mod.
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by Mod. »

Maybe there should be some female gender graphics for Port Kuudad Citizens.

From book Master's Guide to a Bow book: in first paragraph, Master's should be Masters.

More from fathamurk:
"With enough Candecium, we can create portals that supersede the 'current' physical realm, making travel to a 'previous state' of the physical realm possible."
Between "travel" and "to" are two spaces.

"A secret door opens..."
Near Scarlet Death room. Should not be quotes around it. At least I hope no one was speaking that.