Can't find end of game score screen shot

Windows support forum for Eschalon: Book II
RobC04
Initiate

Can't find end of game score screen shot

Post by RobC04 »

I have the latest version (1.05). When I get the end of game score screen I pressed 'p'. I can't find the score screen shot. I looked in
---C:\Users\<yourprofilename>\AppData\Roaming\Basilisk Games\Book 2 Saved Games.
---Documents
---Documents\My Games
---The Eschalon Book II installation folder

I tried both lower case 'p' and uppercase 'P'.
I am running Windows 7 64-bit.

Any ideas what is going wrong here?
RobC04
Initiate

Re: Can't find end of game score screen shot

Post by RobC04 »

Is there any official support in this forum?
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

BW may not have seen your question. I'm surprised one of the other people who actually knows something about Windows hasn't chimed in with more help, though. Personally, I'm a Mac-head so I'm useless. The print screen function is supposed to put the image in a .PNG file in the parent directory where all of your saved game directories are. If it's not there, I don't know any other help. Sorry.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
RobC04
Initiate

Post by RobC04 »

Kreador Freeaxe wrote:BW may not have seen your question. I'm surprised one of the other people who actually knows something about Windows hasn't chimed in with more help, though. Personally, I'm a Mac-head so I'm useless. The print screen function is supposed to put the image in a .PNG file in the parent directory where all of your saved game directories are. If it's not there, I don't know any other help. Sorry.
I appreciate your reply. It's funny, I checked all the locations I could think of and that file just isn't anywhere. I even used the search function. I'm pretty adept at computer stuff since I was a software developer, so I don't think I am doing somethng stupid. But, you never know :D
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

If you got the game from Steam, I know that their wrapping did some odd stuff with location names, but having not used Steam, I don't know precisely what those odd things are. Also, the directory may be hidden for some reason (just a thought).
---

RobC04
Initiate

Post by RobC04 »

Kreador Freeaxe wrote:If you got the game from Steam, I know that their wrapping did some odd stuff with location names, but having not used Steam, I don't know precisely what those odd things are. Also, the directory may be hidden for some reason (just a thought).
This is the GamersGate version.
Pholostan
Initiate

Post by Pholostan »

I have the same problem under Windows XP 32-bit. What is the filename supposed to be?
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Pholostan wrote:I have the same problem under Windows XP 32-bit. What is the filename supposed to be?
eb2_screen##.png
---

BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Click the copyright line on the bottom of the main title screen. It will tell you where your saved games are. The screen captures are dumped there.
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
RobC04
Initiate

Post by RobC04 »

BasiliskWrangler wrote:Click the copyright line on the bottom of the main title screen. It will tell you where your saved games are. The screen captures are dumped there.
Thanks for the reply. I found the folder that contains all the saved games, but my screenshot isn't there. I have tried both the lower and upper case 'p' at the score screen. Neither produces a screenshot. I looked in the root saved games folder and the individual saved gams. Any ideas? I think something isn't working correctly.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

RobC04 wrote:
BasiliskWrangler wrote:Click the copyright line on the bottom of the main title screen. It will tell you where your saved games are. The screen captures are dumped there.
Thanks for the reply. I found the folder that contains all the saved games, but my screenshot isn't there. I have tried both the lower and upper case 'p' at the score screen. Neither produces a screenshot. I looked in the root saved games folder and the individual saved gams. Any ideas? I think something isn't working correctly.
Did you change the default screen capture button by editing the .cfg file?
RobC04
Initiate

Post by RobC04 »

BasiliskWrangler wrote:
RobC04 wrote:
Did you change the default screen capture button by editing the .cfg file?
No, I have not edited the .cfg file in any way. I double checked the screen capture key in the config file and it was set correctly: screencap=p.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Can anyone else confirm that screen capturing for the final screen works properly (or not) in version 1.05?
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

BasiliskWrangler wrote:Can anyone else confirm that screen capturing for the final screen works properly (or not) in version 1.05?
I just tried it (I finished my game with one of my v1.04 characters, though...) - anyway, the original poster is correct: a screenshot of the final score game screen does not seem to be appearing in my Saved Games folder when I hit 'p' (or SHIFT-'p') anymore (it did back in v.1.04).

Just so you know, someone else reported that hitting 'p' to take a screenshot was also not working when they had opened 'book' (e.g. Zulbin's Guide...) text on screen.

Edit: One other thing about the Final Score screen that I just noticed - in v1.05, the version number in the bottom-right{edit} corner is now 'cut off': it almost entirely falls below the 'bottom edge' of the screen on my Macbook. FWIW.
Last edited by IJBall on December 12th, 2010, 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mod.
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by Mod. »

IJBall wrote: Just so you know, someone else reported that hitting 'p' to take a screenshot was also not working when they had opened 'book' (e.g. Zulbin's Guide...) text on screen.
Don't know if I am that someone or not, but yes, the Archer's Guide to the Bow would not let me take a screenshot, even though 1.05 was supposed to make it so it works in more places?
IJBall wrote: Edit: One other thing about the Final Score screen that I just noticed - in v1.05, the version number in the bottom-left corner is now 'cut off': it almost entirely falls below the 'bottom edge' of the screen on my Macbook. FWIW.
You mean on the main menu? That problem does not occur for me on the windows version.