Simple (mypic.png)

Windows support forum for Eschalon: Book II
Peacemakerg8
Pledge

Simple (mypic.png)

Post by Peacemakerg8 » January 8th, 2011, 3:24 am

I've been trying to stick mypic.png in my root folder or what i think is my root folder for an hour. Explain further in detail how I can have a custom picture. I'm running Windows 7 and I have version 1.05. I've saved an 64X64 image as mypic.png and placed it in my Echalon Book II folder with no result. What am I doing wrong? I've installed Local from this websight. Before that Download.com. I'm at a loss over a damn picture :roll: lol. I was also hoping for a solid walkthrough. I've beat the game but, there were alot of holes I wanted to fill with a walkthrough. For example I accidentally lock a bag of goodies inclueding the 15lb petrified wood in that cave after beating the rock gollem with 6 barrels of TNT, Fortified Manna, and my Fire Balls and a level of 15 I think I was. I didn't know i could get back in. Now I beat the general and saved the game and I cant get out of the tower all I get is the ending of the game... Aliens??? lol Anyways I would like a walk though and this time I'd like to surpass Supreme Archmaster.. There's alot of lever combos I'd like. And I only got three bells damn it... There are Four?? ugh. I'm going to have so much more fun the second time around! I cant wait for updates and book III. Never mind!!! I finally figured it out!! Stupid!!! Subtract the .png!!! Ha ha!! Anyone wanna buy my readers digest?? Have a good one. Dispicable me.. Love the game!!!
Crux

IJBall
Major
Major

Re: Simple (mypic.png)

Post by IJBall » January 8th, 2011, 11:29 am

Peacemakerg8 wrote:I've been trying to stick mypic.png in my root folder or what i think is my root folder for an hour. Explain further in detail how I can have a custom picture. I'm running Windows 7 and I have version 1.05. I've saved an 64X64 image as mypic.png and placed it in my Echalon Book II folder with no result. What am I doing wrong? I've installed Local from this websight. Before that Download.com. I'm at a loss over a damn picture :roll:
Did you get the game from Steam?

Anyway, this topic may help you - basically, you are supposed to put the mypic.png file whereever the actual .EXE of the Book II game itself is (and Steam puts that someplace weird, IIRC)...