Insta-Death Bug

Windows support forum for Eschalon: Book II
RedTonic
Initiate

Insta-Death Bug

Post by RedTonic »

So, I'd just left the dwarven town after selling most of their loot back to them from Hammerlorne, and quicktraveled back to Kuudad to find a merchant with some gold. I had no water left in my water skin and was dehydrated when I arrived, so I made my way up and over from the quicktravel arrival area to the well near the retired navigator's joint. As a mage, I'm puny, so I was buffed with Ogre's Strength lv. 6 to carry all of my fat loot (plus two explosive kegs). As I went around, I took trauma damage from the dehydration problem, but I still had 26 HP left when I took a drink out of the well--and abruptly died. The game froze, so I hit escape, and it crashed. No error messages.

Has anyone else experienced this? (I have v.1.05 via Steam and use Windows Vista.)
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Re: Insta-Death Bug

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

I've never seen it, but it seems to be a very specific set of circumstances. Can you load a previous game and try to set up the exact same conditions, the re-save the game and send me the saved game slot, so that I can experience the crash here in the studio?
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
RedTonic
Initiate

Re: Insta-Death Bug

Post by RedTonic »

I have the save for exactly after I leave the mines--with the encumberance. I just tried to replicate the conditions to some extent, but no repeat. Didn't sell anything this time, though; I don't know if that's important. I think last time I may have eaten as well, so I only suffered dehydration upon arriving at Kuudad.

Last night after I had that experience, I had another travel-starve thing occur--the trauma damage hit me after a delay for something like 52 damage. But no crash, so maybe it's not related.

Anyway, I've found the save directories, but I'm not sure which file(s) to send. Should I just zip the whole folder for the appropriate save slot...?