About Fathamurk

Windows support forum for Eschalon: Book II
davidpf100
Pledge

About Fathamurk

Post by davidpf100 »

when I try to go down the stairs to Fathamurk this is what it says"There is noting more in this direction,Turn back-your fate awaits elsewhere"Why can't I go to Fathamurk?I paid for the game!Please help
Necromis
Officer [Bronze Rank]
Officer [Bronze Rank]

Re: About Fathamurk

Post by Necromis »

sounds like you are running an older version of Book II you need to be running 1.05. I would download the game and reinstall it so you have the most up to date version.
The Quickest way to a man's heart is thru his back.
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

I had this same problem - yeah - you need to update your version of Eschalon. Doing so will not reset your current progress (I think). I don't know what you're running on, but my PowerPC Mac actually can't handle that version of Book II, so that could save you some time.

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

Vroqren wrote:I had this same problem - yeah - you need to update your version of Eschalon. Doing so will not reset your current progress (I think). I don't know what you're running on, but my PowerPC Mac actually can't handle that version of Book II, so that could save you some time.
Actually to use an existing save, you'd need to reset the maps for the Farrock Caves and for the area north of Everdale where the old zoo is, otherwise your saves still have the old map files which don't have the 1.05 content (and thus won't let you into Fathamurk or the other addition BW put in).
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

That'd be a pain, but its' still possible, and it may be worth it.

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Kreador Freeaxe wrote:
Vroqren wrote:I had this same problem - yeah - you need to update your version of Eschalon. Doing so will not reset your current progress (I think). I don't know what you're running on, but my PowerPC Mac actually can't handle that version of Book II, so that could save you some time.
Actually to use an existing save, you'd need to reset the maps for the Farrock Caves and for the area north of Everdale where the old zoo is, otherwise your saves still have the old map files which don't have the 1.05 content (and thus won't let you into Fathamurk or the other addition BW put in).
Fathamurk does not require a reset of maps to see, because the doorway to the lower level has always been there in the Farrock caves.

The new zoological area does require a reset, if you've already been to that map, because it is truly new content.
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
Necromis
Officer [Bronze Rank]
Officer [Bronze Rank]

Post by Necromis »

where is the zoological area so I know if I need to reset? Is that the one by Port K with the bandits?

Edit: Ugh, I am stupid I already went thru that area I thought it was a new zoo with monsters.
Last edited by Necromis on October 31st, 2011, 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Quickest way to a man's heart is thru his back.
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

BasiliskWrangler wrote:Fathamurk does not require a reset of maps to see, because the doorway to the lower level has always been there in the Farrock caves.

The new zoological area does require a reset, if you've already been to that map, because it is truly new content.
Ah. I just started a new game when 1.05 was released, so I never experienced the shift. I assumed the "Your Destiny Lies Elsewhere" message was tied in on the map so you'd have to reset to get rid of that and get the script to go to the next map. Good to know I was incorrect.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.