Disappearing npcs

Windows support forum for Eschalon: Book II
Neferim
Pledge

Disappearing npcs

Post by Neferim »

Hi.

I've reached the part of the game where I need to go through Raven's Gate to get to the Dwarven mines, but the guards in front of the gate have all disappeared, and there is no one to let me through the gate. I've been to Raven's Gate earlier in the game while exploring and the guards were there, but now that I need to pass through and have a Citizen's Writ, there does not seem to be a way for me to get through the gate. I have not altered my game or save files at all.

This is playing 1.05 through Steam.
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Re: Disappearing npcs

Post by Dragonlady »

Humm, :?: If you've already been there and explored all of it, you should be able to keep on going through to the corridor leading to the Dwarven area. If the guards aren't there is there anyway you can pull a switch? Like use a long range missile? When you explored earlier, did you kill the guards? Once inside, you should be able to go in all the time...I think...

Others can tell you what to do by deleting the map area from the game and reinstalling it to make game think your there for first time. You say you got it from Steam...hope it isn't something they did. Sorry I can't be of more help.
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
Neferim
Pledge

Post by Neferim »

Oh, wow, I had no idea you could flip switches from a distance by firing a missile weapon! Thank you so much, I was able to move past the area!

To answer your questions, though, I didn't get the gate open the first time I came through the area because I didn't have a citizen's writ at the time, and I couldn't have killed the guards even if I had wanted to.

Thanks again!
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

Neferim wrote:Oh, wow, I had no idea you could flip switches from a distance by firing a missile weapon! Thank you so much, I was able to move past the area!

To answer your questions, though, I didn't get the gate open the first time I came through the area because I didn't have a citizen's writ at the time, and I couldn't have killed the guards even if I had wanted to.

Thanks again!

:) Your welcome. There are a few tricksey things like that in both books 1 & 2. More probably coming in book 3. Like my grandmother told me, "When the normal way of doing things doesn't work, try something absurd and it just might work!" :) Pretty good thinking for a lady from England who moved here with 5 kids and had more here in the states in 1916, heh, one being my mother in 1921! :lol:
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
theanonymy
Apprentice

Post by theanonymy »

Aha! Crap, I should have looked here first...I've had all of the merchants in Everdale disappear on me today! Sadly, I don't know which number map belongs to that particular burg in the save files. *sigh* Also Steam version here. Annoying, to say the least. Do not want to try playing until it's fixed, in case I lose a lot of progress/loot, like I did in Book 1.....just a random save crash, for no reason....and now random disappearances, while I'm over-burdened and out of arrows...

:cry:
"You laugh at me, because I am different; I laugh at you, because you are all the same."

--Unknown (though sometimes contributed to Jonathan Davis, for some reason)