Exploding Barrel Bug

Windows support forum for Eschalon: Book II
skace
Pledge

Exploding Barrel Bug

Post by skace »

Place an exploding barrel on top of a satchel of reagents, when you pick the barrel back up - the satchel and any of it's contents vanish as well.

Version: Latest Steam Build
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Re: Exploding Barrel Bug

Post by SpottedShroom »

That's a good one. I don't think I've seen it mentioned before, and I expect it probably affects all platforms. I don't have access to a system to try it on right now, though. Can anyone else confirm?
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

Jedi_Learner wrote:I can confirm this bug. Using Windows Vista and version 1.05 of Book II.
Somebody should probably PM BW about this - I suspect he's busy on development and not reading the forum much these days, so PM'ing would probably be the best thing to do.

But this seems like a kind of important bug that I'd bet BW would rather hear about sooner rather than later.

It sounds like, in general, there needs to be a 'blocked grid script' set up for situations like this, and trying to camp on the same spot as a preexisting loot sack, etc.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Important bug - simple fix. I've made sure it is on the list of bugs to get fixed in the Book 3 engine. We'll get back around to patching it up in B2 when we do the next update (possibly/probably the Trilogy Collectors release).
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
Aliraza1166
Pledge

Post by Aliraza1166 »

I be able to transfer my saved game files from the demo version that I downloaded from the official website into steam?????
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Aliraza1166 wrote:I be able to transfer my saved game files from the demo version that I downloaded from the official website into steam?????
Yes. If the saved games don't automatically appear, click the copyright info on the main menu (start screen) to see where your games are being saved to and manually copy the saved games to the new location.
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.