CMD+TAB = crap. Access other apps w/o quitting?

Macintosh support forum for Eschalon: Book II
sectionv
Pledge

CMD+TAB = crap. Access other apps w/o quitting?

Post by sectionv »

There's gotta be a way to get to the desktop without quitting, right? This is the only piece of software I've installed on a mac that won't let me. Please someone, show me the light.
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Re: CMD+TAB = crap. Access other apps w/o quitting?

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

If you run it in a window, there's no problem. I have a number of other games that run full screen that won't let me hide them (and they're a lot harder to quit out of than Eschalon). Any program that takes over your full screen and removes the natural Apple menu bar and dock has a problem with hiding, in my experience.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Palog
Marshall

Post by Palog »

Yes my experience too but a sad Mac only experience, it's extremely rare windows games make their players suffer such limitation.

For me at least Hide or Switch App should work with any application and for a game it should be paused at same time. It's a real nuisance games don't respect that but I agree that on Mac many ports don't respect it anymore.
sectionv
Pledge

Post by sectionv »

Guess I don't play enough Mac games. Ahh well, guess I'm relegated to windowed mode.
CrazyBernie
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by CrazyBernie »

Palog wrote:Yes my experience too but a sad Mac only experience, it's extremely rare windows games make their players suffer such limitation.
Not as rare as you think. I've played many a Windows game that totally flips out when you try to task-switch.

"Switch me out for another application will you... well take this!!!" *crash*