Camping - Random Encounter Frequency

Macintosh support forum for Eschalon: Book II
hekele
Initiate

Camping - Random Encounter Frequency

Post by hekele »

By how much are the random encounters while camping reduced versus Book I? After 30 game days and 4.5 hours (not counting a couple restarts), I have yet to be awakened by anything, even when I've camped 18 or more hours underground. Book I felt like a better than even chance of being awakened if sleeping through the night, which did seem a bit much, but now it's dropped to virtually nil... or is this a bug? Thanks!
cal1s
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Re: Camping - Random Encounter Frequency

Post by cal1s »

I believe that totally depends on where you're camping. In the early beginnings I rarely was awakened by anything during camping. But later on, so I have experienced, when you are _far away_ from home and camping outside, chances are you will be disturbed a lot more ...

I remember one time, I was camping and couldn't rest fully 3 times in a row because I was always noticed by enemies, although I switched the camping site after each encounter. First, it was wolves, later bandits and then again, spiders. In the end I gave up and Quick Traveled home ... :)
http://greywardens.com
Probably biggest Dragon Age fansite
-----------------------
Officially supported by BioWare/EA
hekele
Initiate

Post by hekele »

Where did you start encountering it? I've camped around Eastwillow of course, under the dam, near Everdale, in the Wolfenwood, out near Port Kuudad, Broken Blade... it feels like I've gotten around a fair bit. Enough that I should have started to see at least some interruptions. Not that I exactly want to get woken up all the time in danger, but right now it seems like I only benefit from foraging and regeneration. No downside!
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

Certain places you won't get woken up while camping, ever. Hammerlorne, upper parts of Port Kuudad, Ironpool Dam, Lorewitch, ... are a few safe places

Other places you will get it, but the length of time is random.
hekele
Initiate

Post by hekele »

Got it. Went up and camped on the Forsaken Coast for 18 hours and something finally woke me up. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't a bug! Thanks!