Where are my screen shots?

Macintosh support forum for Eschalon: Book II
User avatar
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General
Posts: 2378
Joined: April 26th, 2008, 3:44 pm

Where are my screen shots?

Post by Kreador Freeaxe » June 2nd, 2010, 9:00 pm

So, I had two things in Book II that I pressed P to take a screen shot of, one grammatical error and one very weird event where skeletal archers were firing at me, but in one particular spot their arrows vanished without hitting me. Now, I can't figure out where these screen shots are supposed to be. They're not in the application folder. They're not in my documents folder. I tried using Spotlight to search for all images created in the last 5 days, and they didn't show up.

Any help?
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.

User avatar
IJBall
Major
Major
Posts: 1684
Joined: August 31st, 2008, 11:07 am
Location: Southern California

Re: Where are my screen shots?

Post by IJBall » June 2nd, 2010, 9:11 pm

Kreador Freeaxe wrote:So, I had two things in Book II that I pressed P to take a screen shot of, one grammatical error and one very weird event where skeletal archers were firing at me, but in one particular spot their arrows vanished without hitting me. Now, I can't figure out where these screen shots are supposed to be. They're not in the application folder. They're not in my documents folder. I tried using Spotlight to search for all images created in the last 5 days, and they didn't show up.

Any help?
Did you check the folder with your character save files? Mine were in there.

But that's why I'd like the option to change the save path for screenshots in the general.cfg file...

User avatar
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General
Posts: 2378
Joined: April 26th, 2008, 3:44 pm

Re: Where are my screen shots?

Post by Kreador Freeaxe » June 2nd, 2010, 9:33 pm

IJBall wrote:
Kreador Freeaxe wrote:So, I had two things in Book II that I pressed P to take a screen shot of, one grammatical error and one very weird event where skeletal archers were firing at me, but in one particular spot their arrows vanished without hitting me. Now, I can't figure out where these screen shots are supposed to be. They're not in the application folder. They're not in my documents folder. I tried using Spotlight to search for all images created in the last 5 days, and they didn't show up.

Any help?
Did you check the folder with your character save files? Mine were in there.

But that's why I'd like the option to change the save path for screenshots in the general.cfg file...
Found it. Odd, though, that Spotlight didn't find them.

Thanks, IJBall.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.

User avatar
CrazyBernie
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate
Posts: 1445
Joined: November 29th, 2007, 1:11 pm

Re: Where are my screen shots?

Post by CrazyBernie » June 2nd, 2010, 11:01 pm

Perhaps the folder is has some sort of hidden/system flag that prevents the files inside from showing up in spotlight... since Apple doesn't want you looking at those types of files.

User avatar
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General
Posts: 2378
Joined: April 26th, 2008, 3:44 pm

Re: Where are my screen shots?

Post by Kreador Freeaxe » June 3rd, 2010, 7:55 am

Except they aren't at all hidden when I navigate there myself. More likely it's human error. I probably had it only searching my Documents folder or something.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.

Yotie-o
Pledge
Posts: 3
Joined: June 3rd, 2010, 8:03 am

Re: Where are my screen shots?

Post by Yotie-o » June 3rd, 2010, 8:10 am

Is there a specific forum post where we make note of grammatical errors?
I found one when I walked into Hammerlorne. The text states: "The air in the mines is warm and dry and carries with it an oddly pleasant of bread and malted barley, mixed with the fumes of smelted ore."
The error being "an oddly pleasant [what?] of bread and malted barley..."

Sorry for placing the post here if this isn't the right place. I wanted to make sure to write post it before I forgot about it.
Last edited by Yotie-o on June 3rd, 2010, 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General
Posts: 2378
Joined: April 26th, 2008, 3:44 pm

Re: Where are my screen shots?

Post by Kreador Freeaxe » June 3rd, 2010, 8:12 am

Yotie-o wrote:Is there a specific forum post where we make note of grammatical errors?
There's a thread in the Windows support forum. You may want to skim through it to see if the error you've noted is already listed.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.

Yotie-o
Pledge
Posts: 3
Joined: June 3rd, 2010, 8:03 am

Re: Where are my screen shots?

Post by Yotie-o » June 3rd, 2010, 8:15 am

Thanks! I'll do that too!

User avatar
roosterbear
Initiate
Posts: 5
Joined: August 18th, 2010, 3:58 pm
Location: RI

Re: Where are my screen shots?

Post by roosterbear » December 29th, 2013, 12:37 pm

IJBall wrote: Did you check the folder with your character save files? Mine were in there.
Forgive me if this is an old question, but where would that be? Said files for Book 1 are easy enough to find but can't find anything except the icon to launch the game and the folder it sits in for Book 2.

User avatar
tykinruoka
Initiate
Posts: 16
Joined: December 7th, 2013, 11:46 am

Re: Where are my screen shots?

Post by tykinruoka » December 29th, 2013, 1:08 pm

roosterbear wrote:
IJBall wrote: Did you check the folder with your character save files? Mine were in there.
Forgive me if this is an old question, but where would that be? Said files for Book 1 are easy enough to find but can't find anything except the icon to launch the game and the folder it sits in for Book 2.
Have you checked /Users/USERNAME/Library/Application Support/Basilisk Games/Book 2 Saved Games ?
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk ?

User avatar
roosterbear
Initiate
Posts: 5
Joined: August 18th, 2010, 3:58 pm
Location: RI

Re: Where are my screen shots?

Post by roosterbear » December 29th, 2013, 6:05 pm

tykinruoka wrote: Have you checked /Users/USERNAME/Library/Application Support/Basilisk Games/Book 2 Saved Games ?
I get as far as USERNAME before hitting a dead end; there is no Library on that path. I'm running 10.8.3 on a Macbook Air. (Also tried /Library/Application Support and there was no Basilisk folder.)

User avatar
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Posts: 843
Joined: March 2nd, 2011, 9:44 pm
Location: Yoma Narrows

Re: Where are my screen shots?

Post by Vroqren » December 29th, 2013, 7:48 pm

There should be two library folders, one of them is connected to your computer (hard drive/library/application support), the other to your individual user (/hard drive/users/[you]/library/application support). The latter is the one you are looking for.
You said there was no library folder under your user, and that you checked the other library folder. Other than what I said above though, I don't know what to say. Perhaps a spotlight search will show more (Though when I tried I only got a library folder from a downloaded .zip file. I don't know what's on your computer though).

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests

User avatar
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin
Posts: 3805
Joined: July 6th, 2006, 10:31 am
Location: The Grid
Contact:

Re: Where are my screen shots?

Post by BasiliskWrangler » December 29th, 2013, 9:21 pm

Click the line of copyright text at the bottom of the Main Menu, it will show you where your saved games are at. Screenshots are put in the same parent folder as saved games.

When navigating there, notice that most OSs will hide those folders so you might not be able to actually get there by clicking unless you change your system settings to show hidden files. Or simply type out the full path and navigate directly to the saved game folder.
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.

User avatar
roosterbear
Initiate
Posts: 5
Joined: August 18th, 2010, 3:58 pm
Location: RI

Re: Where are my screen shots?

Post by roosterbear » December 30th, 2013, 12:54 am

Vroqren wrote:There should be two library folders, one of them is connected to your computer (hard drive/library/application support), the other to your individual user (/hard drive/users/[you]/library/application support). The latter is the one you are looking for.
You said there was no library folder under your user, and that you checked the other library folder. Other than what I said above though, I don't know what to say. Perhaps a spotlight search will show more (Though when I tried I only got a library folder from a downloaded .zip file. I don't know what's on your computer though).
It's a hidden file, and for whatever reason I can't find any setting to show hidden files. I know I've seen something like that before, but just not sure where it's located in this version of OS X. I managed to find it by typing out the whole address and just made an alias for it, which I put on my desktop. That seems to work. Thanks for your help!

User avatar
roosterbear
Initiate
Posts: 5
Joined: August 18th, 2010, 3:58 pm
Location: RI

Re: Where are my screen shots?

Post by roosterbear » December 30th, 2013, 12:57 am

It is a hidden file, and for whatever reason I can't find the setting to show hidden files in this version of OS X.
BasiliskWrangler wrote:Click the line of copyright text at the bottom of the Main Menu, it will show you where your saved games are at. Screenshots are put in the same parent folder as saved games.
This helped a great deal. I used that to find the specific location and typed it in, using "Go To Folder", and then just made an alias for it which I have on my desktop for the moment; I'll probably move it to Documents after I poke around in it for a bit. Thanks for your help!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests