Ver. 1.0 reg. number does not fit ver. 1.04 reg. box

Macintosh support forum for Eschalon: Book II
funnydad59
Pledge

Ver. 1.0 reg. number does not fit ver. 1.04 reg. box

Post by funnydad59 »

I own a registered copy of v. 1.0. I just downloaded v. 1.03 and it won't accept the registration. The number for v. 1 is apparently too long (19 characters, including dashes) for v. 1.0.3 (13 characters total). Can I treat this as a simple upgrade, or am I expected to pay for this version? I assume that I need a new number.
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Re: Ver. 1.0 reg. number does not fit ver. 1.04 reg. box

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

You bought version 1.0 for Windows? There was no 1.0 release for Mac, and the registration number has always been 13 characters. Are you sure you're not thinking of Book I instead of Book II? Your registration number from Book I will not release Book II, clearly.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

Did you get your registration number directly from Basilisk Games? Some vendors have their own registration system in place that uses different registration codes that won't work with versions taken from here.
funnydad59
Pledge

Post by funnydad59 »

Oops! I forgot to mention that it's the Mac version. Sorry about that. Anyway, it's version 1.0 of Book II. I bought version 1 from the Macgamestore, who gave me the 19-character registration code. I wasn't able to find a 1.03 download on their website, so I grabbed it from here. So, any ideas? Will Macgamestore be getting the update?

Thanks
funnydad59
Pledge

Post by funnydad59 »

Oh yeah, one other thing. The file I got from MGS would only boot up if I placed it in the Applications folder. Any other folder would give me an error message. Related issues? Who knows?
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

They should have the update, but some vendors are slow in updating their servers. BW had that problem with Book 1 not being updated a few times.

I know that the version here can be installed in other than the application folder on a Mac.
CrazyBernie
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by CrazyBernie »

I'd still like to know why it's reported as v 1.0 when there was no v 1.0 for Mac... unless they're using their own versions. I suppose it fits in with their own reg keys as well.
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

Do you still have your save folder from the previous version? Search your hard drive for eb2.cfg if you don't know.

That file should contain your real registration code, even if the third party vendor is doing something funny.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

If you bought the game from Mac Game Store, then you need to download their version. Their Registration Code only works with their version.

If you downloaded the demo from them, but bought the game from our site, then you need to re-download the game from us. Our Registration Code only works with our version.

Need a link to our version? http://basiliskgames.com/downloads
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.