Strength Gone?

Macintosh support forum for Eschalon: Book II
Flandarg
Initiate

Strength Gone?

Post by Flandarg »

First time this happened in either B I or B II:

Bopping along on level 2 in the mine, strength at 170, decided to save, whereupon strength suddenly only 150 and I am desperately overburdened! AACK
What just happened??? Is this a rare bug, or did the system hiccup?

Anyway, I'll have to go back and start again when I still had my full strength. Rats. :evil:
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Re: Strength Gone?

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

You mean your carrying capacity was 170 lbs? Did you switch any equipment or cast any spells that might have worn out?
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
MyGameCompany
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by MyGameCompany »

Hm, I haven't seen this. And my ranger was making use of +strength belts and rings.
Troy
Former indie game developer
Check out my Book III mods: The Mystery of Rockhammer Mine and Expedition into West Mirkland
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

Flandarg wrote:First time this happened in either B I or B II:

Bopping along on level 2 in the mine, strength at 170, decided to save, whereupon strength suddenly only 150 and I am desperately overburdened! AACK
What just happened??? Is this a rare bug, or did the system hiccup?

Anyway, I'll have to go back and start again when I still had my full strength. Rats. :evil:
So, do you have a Savefile from before - when you had the 170 lbs carrying capacity; and after - when you were down to 150 lbs carrying capacity?

Because, if you have both, and you've confirmed that this is a bug, I'd be tempted to send BW both of these Savefiles...
Flandarg
Initiate

Post by Flandarg »

Thanks for the answers. :D

I went back, but I soon discovered that the anomaly was just the reverse of what I first reported. The true weight capacity was supposed to be 150 lbs. Probably it was a cosmic ray that knocked some bits around. I just played on, so I won't make any further fuss over that little blip.