Objects and items in the save files (vague spoilers)

Macintosh support forum for Eschalon: Book II
Rowanas
Council Member

Objects and items in the save files (vague spoilers)

Post by Rowanas »

I'm perusing the save files for my character because I sold the adamantium ore I need. Without knowing the exact details of the ore, I can't put it back in my inventory, so I'm screwed. Is there any way to find out the exact details of the ore so I can shove it in my character's inventory?

P.S. I normally never sell anything interesting, but I finally decided that it was just a reward (like many other, no-use one-off items in the game) and sold it against my better judgement. Now I discover that it's no mere trinket, but an important item that I desperately need.
Rebelicious
Steward

Re: Objects and items in the save files (vague spoilers)

Post by Rebelicious »

Afaik, items operate by name.

Name anything in your inventory "Adamantium Ore" (or whatever it was called, "Adamantium Ore Nugget" - I honestly don't remember) and try to talk to her. You may also have to set it as a "Miscellaneous" item.

Just like how you can take any armour pieces and put "Bronze" in their names in order to qualify for solving the bronze riddle.

This is all really easy on the PC, with the editor, but I honestly have no idea how you'd solve this on a Mac. :|
Rowanas
Council Member

Re: Objects and items in the save files (vague spoilers)

Post by Rowanas »

heh. ok. I'll try it. I've got a piece of useless junk lying about, i'll use that. cheers.

Worked like a charm. I renamed a candle and despite everything else being the same, she accepted it. cheers.