Vanishing people

Macintosh support forum for Eschalon: Book II
Post Reply
User avatar
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General
Posts: 2366
Joined: April 26th, 2008, 3:44 pm

Vanishing people

Post by Kreador Freeaxe » July 14th, 2010, 8:09 pm

Okay, this is the second time an NPC has vanished on me. Neither has been important. One was a citizen of Port K, the other was the guard in Eastwillow.

I wasn't being all that careful when I looted the Eastwillow treasury and didn't notice that I'd left the front door open and the guard was standing right there. So, I run and he makes chase. I hit him with a Focus Feat, but as this is a new character, it barely scratches the guard's armor. Off I run down the road with him in hot purtsuit. I cut through a stand of trees to try to get a little room between us...

... and he never comes out of the trees. He just went poof!
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.

User avatar
IJBall
Major
Major
Posts: 1684
Joined: August 31st, 2008, 11:07 am
Location: Southern California

Re: Vanishing people

Post by IJBall » July 15th, 2010, 8:57 am

Kreador Freeaxe wrote:... and he never comes out of the trees. He just went poof!
If you can "make" something like that happen again, I'd do a Save just before you instigate it, and just after, and then send the Save Games to BW - maybe he'll be able to track down what happened to that guard (or whoever).

User avatar
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General
Posts: 2366
Joined: April 26th, 2008, 3:44 pm

Re: Vanishing people

Post by Kreador Freeaxe » July 15th, 2010, 9:08 am

IJBall wrote:
Kreador Freeaxe wrote:... and he never comes out of the trees. He just went poof!
If you can "make" something like that happen again, I'd do a Save just before you instigate it, and just after, and then send the Save Games to BW - maybe he'll be able to track down what happened to that guard (or whoever).
I'll try again with the Eastwillow guard. The first disappearance was a strange one in Port K. A citizen decided to wander into one of the houses, so I closed the door and left him in there. When I came back to Port K a little while later, the door was still closed, but the citizen had vanished.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.

User avatar
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious
Posts: 1466
Joined: August 29th, 2006, 2:38 pm
Location: CA, USA or Knumythia

Re: Vanishing people

Post by Dragonlady » July 15th, 2010, 2:34 pm

Kreador Freeaxe wrote:
IJBall wrote:
Kreador Freeaxe wrote:... and he never comes out of the trees. He just went poof!
If you can "make" something like that happen again, I'd do a Save just before you instigate it, and just after, and then send the Save Games to BW - maybe he'll be able to track down what happened to that guard (or whoever).
I'll try again with the Eastwillow guard. The first disappearance was a strange one in Port K. A citizen decided to wander into one of the houses, so I closed the door and left him in there. When I came back to Port K a little while later, the door was still closed, but the citizen had vanished.
I did that several times in various places in different versions including the Beta testing. I did discover they were back in their normal positions later. After I left town and came back.


:shock: I just had a thought completly off subject: Has anyone gotten an extra wolf pup and taken it to the 'werewolf' magic shop? I wonder if he'd get all teary-eyed? :lol:
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!

User avatar
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General
Posts: 2366
Joined: April 26th, 2008, 3:44 pm

Re: Vanishing people

Post by Kreador Freeaxe » July 15th, 2010, 3:19 pm

Dragonlady wrote:I did that several times in various places in different versions including the Beta testing. I did discover they were back in their normal positions later. After I left town and came back.
Hmmm. I'll have to find that save of one character where I locked Berlinda in the Eastwillow vault and see if she's still there. ;-)
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests