Steam and Custom Portraits

Macintosh support forum for Eschalon: Book II
RGoulder
Pledge

Steam and Custom Portraits

Post by RGoulder »

I just bought Eschalon Book II for mac on steam a few days ago and I'm trying to figure out how to use a custom portrait. I seemingly found the root folder in my user folder/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/eschalon book 2. But when I put a 64 x 64px png file renamed "mypic" nothing shows up in the character editor. What am I doing wrong?
IJBall
Major
Major

Re: Steam and Custom Portraits

Post by IJBall »

RGoulder wrote:I just bought Eschalon Book II for mac on steam a few days ago and I'm trying to figure out how to use a custom portrait. I seemingly found the root folder in my user folder/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/eschalon book 2. But when I put a 64 x 64px png file renamed "mypic" nothing shows up in the character editor. What am I doing wrong?
I believe you need to put the mypic file into the Eschalon: Book II game folder (which is likely in your Applications folder...).
RGoulder
Pledge

Post by RGoulder »

my user folder/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/eschalon book 2 I'm pretty sure it is the game folder. It contains all the same files as the demo version i got a while back from this site. Including the Eschalon Book II app, datapak, Eschalon World Map.jpg, general.cfg, launchscreenpak, and license.txt. The only difference is the folder that steam creates is called "eschalon book 2" instead of "Eschalon Book II."
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

Try creating an Eschalon Book II folder in your Applications folder and place the mypic.png there. That might work. The difference between the folder name using Roman numerals versus numbers is sufficient to break the function, I'm sure. The program call-out will be to the specific location, and Steam placing the game elsewhere will break that.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
RGoulder
Pledge

Post by RGoulder »

I feel kind of stupid but I missed a step. :oops:

The image I used was 63 x 63px. I didn't notice the the message that was popping up was telling me something different. So the lesson is check and then check again. So where I placed it initially was fine. I just needed to resize it. Thanks for your help though.