Not repairing

Macintosh support forum for Eschalon: Book II
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Not repairing

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

Okay, this is weird. Suddenly, my repair skill is not repairing items. I'm not positive, but I think this is just since I used the bells and gained two levels. It may not have happened until after I tried firing the plasma wand once, I'm not sure. I need to test some other stuff (like unequipping the plasma wand and/or storing it off my person to see if it's affecting the repair because BW fixed it so repair no longer recharges the wand. Back in a few.

EDIT: Tested with the plasma wand stored in a bag, and simply unequipped. Both ways repair works fine. Going to test again with it equipped to see if repair breaks again.

EDIT 2: And confirmed. Re-equipping the plasma wand disables all repair.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
IJBall
Major
Major

Re: Not repairing

Post by IJBall »

Kreador Freeaxe wrote:Okay, this is weird. Suddenly, my repair skill is not repairing items. I'm not positive, but I think this is just since I used the bells and gained two levels. It may not have happened until after I tried firing the plasma wand once, I'm not sure. I need to test some other stuff (like unequipping the plasma wand and/or storing it off my person to see if it's affecting the repair because BW fixed it so repair no longer recharges the wand. Back in a few.

EDIT: Tested with the plasma wand stored in a bag, and simply unequipped. Both ways repair works fine. Going to test again with it equipped to see if repair breaks again.

I suspect this is related to the v1.04 bug "fix" - before 1.04 the wand could be "repaired", but in v1.04 it was changed so that the wand would no longer be "repaired" while camping.

Something about this bug "fix" is leading to what you're seeing.

The other thing that was "fixed" in v1.04 was the "repairing" of lanterns - Kreador, can you retest this to see if nothing gets repaired when you have a lantern equipped (and this will be harder to test, as lanterns will run out of fuel if equipped while camping...).

P.S. What about if the wand is just in your Inventory, but unequipped - does this still prevent Repairing?...
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Re: Not repairing

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

IJBall wrote:
Kreador Freeaxe wrote:Okay, this is weird. Suddenly, my repair skill is not repairing items. I'm not positive, but I think this is just since I used the bells and gained two levels. It may not have happened until after I tried firing the plasma wand once, I'm not sure. I need to test some other stuff (like unequipping the plasma wand and/or storing it off my person to see if it's affecting the repair because BW fixed it so repair no longer recharges the wand. Back in a few.

I suspect this is related to the v1.04 bug "fix" - before 1.04 the wand could be "repaired", but in v1.04 it was changed so that the wand would no longer be "repaired" while camping.

Something about this bug "fix" is leading to what you're seeing.

The other thing that was "fixed" in v1.04 was the "repairing" of lanterns - Kreador, can you retest this to see if nothing gets repaired when you have a lantern equipped (and this will be harder to test, as lanterns will run out of fuel if equipped while camping...).

P.S. What about if the wand is just in your Inventory, but unequipped - does this still prevent Repairing?...
Tested with the lantern and repair works fine with it equipped. If you check my stuff above, I had already tested with the wand unequipped in my inventory and repair worked there, as well. Only if the wand is equipped does repair break.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.