Version 1.05 fixes and bugs

Macintosh support forum for Eschalon: Book II
Rowanas
Council Member

Version 1.05 fixes and bugs

Post by Rowanas »

The windows forum has one, why don't we?

I'll start off:

Just reposting this information from the general thread:

Becka has the default male voice instead of the female one that (I suppose) she is meant to have.
IJBall
Major
Major

Re: Version 1.05 fixes and bugs

Post by IJBall »

Rowanas wrote:The windows forum has one, why don't we?

I'll start off:

Just reposting this information from the general thread:

Becka has the default male voice instead of the female one that (I suppose) she is meant to have.
As does Hunter. :)

Well, the biggest "Mac only" bug that I've come across so far is that the Disarm Traps "movie" plays at least 3 times slower than the other OS's versions, and the Pick Locks "movie" plays about twice as slow.

(Already reported in the Windows Support forum thread, but it's good to reiterate this 'bug' as it's irritating, and I'm sure other Mac users are seeing it too...)
Rowanas
Council Member

Post by Rowanas »

Indeed. I mentioned it in the "traps are boring" thread I foolishly created. It's so dull disarming traps, but I don't mind the pick locks animation.
Rowanas
Council Member

Post by Rowanas »

]I was going through Lorewitch, stealing all the chest goodies. to do so, I had to use demon Oil to smash open the chests so that I could take out the wall torches and thus not be spotted while looting.

The result follows.
Torch error1.tif
Torch error1.tif (111.37 KiB) Viewed 19652 times
It seems a bit strange, but I guess when the game stopped providing light from the Demon Oil, it also stopped providing the light from the torch.
Last edited by Rowanas on July 30th, 2010, 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

Rowanas wrote:The result follows.
The .tiff image isn't showing up on my browser - can you change the attachment to a .jpg?...
Rowanas
Council Member

Post by Rowanas »

oh, yeah, sure.

EDIT: Um... no. I changed it to jpg, but when I upload it, the forum tells me that tif is expected, so it won't let me put the version with a jpg extension in. Sorry.
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

Rowanas wrote:oh, yeah, sure.

EDIT: Um... no. I changed it to jpg, but when I upload it, the forum tells me that tif is expected, so it won't let me put the version with a jpg extension in. Sorry.
That's really weird - I attach .jpg's to this forum all the time.

Maybe you need to delete the original .tiff, and then try and upload the .jpg version?...
Rowanas
Council Member

Post by Rowanas »

Did that. Didn't work apparently. are you sure you've given it enough time, it takes a few seconds if you're on the slow train to Interneton.
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

Rowanas wrote:...are you sure you've given it enough time, it takes a few seconds if you're on the slow train to Interneton.
Nope - the .tiff just ain't loading, at least not in Firefox (haven't tried another browser yet...). And I'm on a pretty 'fast' connection...
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

IJBall wrote:
Rowanas wrote:...are you sure you've given it enough time, it takes a few seconds if you're on the slow train to Interneton.
Nope - the .tiff just ain't loading, at least not in Firefox (haven't tried another browser yet...). And I'm on a pretty 'fast' connection...
Firefox doesn't support rendering TIFF files - of the major browsers, only Safari does. I suppose that's not a huge surprise since TIFF was always a pretty Mac-centric format.

There's really no reason to use TIFF these days. PNG is also lossless and produces smaller files for the same content. Modern computers are fast enough that the CPU time to decompress PNG is trivial.
MyGameCompany
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by MyGameCompany »

I run the game in windowed mode, and I just noticed the Mac title bar says "book_2". It should probably say something more readable and less programmerish.
Troy
Former indie game developer
Check out my Book III mods: The Mystery of Rockhammer Mine and Expedition into West Mirkland
HALgamer
Initiate

Post by HALgamer »

I am disappointed with 1.05. I have used all the explosive barrels I've found, so I can't get into the new area without restarting a new game from the beginning. Why can't you have thrown in a couple new barrels in the cave? I'd been looking forward to this since it was announced. :cry:
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

Rowanas wrote:I was going through Lorewitch, stealing all the chest goodies. to do so, I had to use demon Oil to smash open the chests so that I could take out the wall torches and thus not be spotted while looting.

The result follows.
{Torch error1.tif}

It seems a bit strange, but I guess when the game stopped providing light from the Demon Oil, it also stopped providing the light from the torch.
So I finally loaded this up on Safari just to take a look at it.

Here's the .jpg version for those who can't see the .tiff version:
Torch_error1.jpg
Torch_error1.jpg (55.48 KiB) Viewed 19389 times
Well, that is odd! I guess somehow the engine turned "off" the "illumination" from the torch without shutting off the torch itself.

Anyone know if BW was able to fix this glitch in v1.05?...
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

...or use xolotl's editor to give yourself another one.

Also, can't Fireball be used to destroy some objects similar to how powder kegs do?
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

Fireball can be used to destroy objects like that annoying door down at the bottom of Hammerlorne mines.