Compatibility with Mountain Lion

Macintosh support forum for Eschalon: Book II
beebeegreen
Pledge

Compatibility with Mountain Lion

Post by beebeegreen »

I am setting up a new Mac OS X 10.8. First, is Eschalon compatible with this OS. Second can I redownload both I and II ( I purchased both for my old Mac) and install?
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Re: Compatibility with Mountain Lion

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

I don't know that Mountain Lion has specifically been tested yet to make sure Apple didn't break something Eschalon uses, so try it and see. Book II you can download the installer file and use the registration information from your original purchase to activate the game (you did save your registration emails, right?). Book I you need to send the information to BW and he will activate a new download link for you. That may take a couple days as they're in heavy Book III development right now.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

If you saved the .dmg file from your last installation you should be able to copy it over using a flash drive or other link and install from there. You might want to check for Book 1 that you have the latest version 1.06.
beebeegreen
Pledge

Post by beebeegreen »

Thanks for your help! I downloaded the file and installed Eschalon. Fortunately, I had been using Time Machine to back up all my files so the old game files came over - including the security info (didn't have to reenter the registration). So far, the game is playing fine!