do not have numeric keyboard so no shortcut to cast

Macintosh support forum for Eschalon: Book II
Cirella
Pledge

do not have numeric keyboard so no shortcut to cast

Post by Cirella »

I have a mac os10.5.8. My keyboard doesn't have the numeric pad. As such, I am unable to use the other numbers for the shortcut keys to cast a spell. Is there a solution? I have tried it in combination of the fn, shift, alt, ctl, and command key. Your help would be appreciated. Thank you,
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: do not have numeric keyboard so no shortcut to cast

Post by Vroqren »

I can think of three solutions, two of which I believe you have already tried.
1. The numbers above the letters, which you''ve probably tried.
2. Holding Function with the keypad that I believe is from I-P, K-:, and <-?. Not sure if that's where it is though.
3. There is a program that runs over all other programs, and shows a keyboard, that you can click the buttons on. Could get annoying, but I think it would work. I don't remember the name of the program right now though.

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
Cirella
Pledge

Post by Cirella »

Thank you. I will try and see what happens.
Cirella
Pledge

Post by Cirella »

I did try your suggestions (there wasn't an inherent keypad as I'd hoped) I did inadvertently find the solution. Through System Preferences, Keyboard, I had to put a check in the box to USe all F1, F2, etc keys... that solved the problem. Again, thanks so much for aiding me to find the solution.