An addition "Can't enter Westwillow" type issue

Linux support forums for Eschalon: Book II
lateralus
Initiate

An addition "Can't enter Westwillow" type issue

Post by lateralus »

On Ubuntu I can't enter Westwillow, but I also get the exact same message when trying to enter the cave on the west side of Yoma River Valley. I don't know if it is the same issue but if so 1.04 needs to resolve all these issues at once.
lateralus
Initiate

Re: An addition "Can't enter Westwillow" type issue

Post by lateralus »

Jedi_Learner wrote:You mean that cave near Raven's Gate if you follow the river west? If so, you can't enter it right now. A beta tester told me it will be explorable in the upcoming add-on planned this summer.
That's good to know. Unfortunately we have no way of distinguishing between the bug and a planned blockage.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

lateralus wrote:
Jedi_Learner wrote:You mean that cave near Raven's Gate if you follow the river west? If so, you can't enter it right now. A beta tester told me it will be explorable in the upcoming add-on planned this summer.
That's good to know. Unfortunately we have no way of distinguishing between the bug and a planned blockage.
If it worked as we planned, it would only be seen as a temporary block until the update later this summer. However, as is the case with Westwillow, this did in fact show up as a error. Very sorry for the confusion.
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
MaximB
Senior Steward

Post by MaximB »

I also got the same message when tried to enter the next map on the way to the Dwarfs village (can't remember exactly which one).
Maybe it's the end of the map...I dunno...

How can we know if it's indeed the end of the map or something should have been there ?
Wolverine
Initiate

Post by Wolverine »

MaximB wrote:How can we know if it's indeed the end of the map or something should have been there ?
Take a look at the complete worldmap (Beware: Spoiler).
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3316
MaximB
Senior Steward

Post by MaximB »

Wolverine wrote:
MaximB wrote:How can we know if it's indeed the end of the map or something should have been there ?
Take a look at the complete worldmap (Beware: Spoiler).
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3316
I'm Blind ! I'm BLIND !!!
The Noid
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by The Noid »

And how about this one in Farrock Caves Level 1:
Attachments
eb2_screen0.png
eb2_screen0.png (195.26 KiB) Viewed 17052 times
The Noid
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by The Noid »

Yes, searching the support forums for "Farrock" yielded no results that referenced this problem. Next time try the search yourself before you point people to the search.

I'm not going to search the non-support forums because I don't want to see spoilers.
lateralus
Initiate

Post by lateralus »

[quote="The Noid"]Yes, searching the support forums for "Farrock" yielded no results that referenced this problem. Next time try the search yourself before you point people to the search.

I tried the search as posted and the very first result had the answer.
The Noid
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by The Noid »

The Noid wrote:I'm not going to search the non-support forums because I don't want to see spoilers.
You might notice that Jedi_Learner searched the non-support forums as well.

Since this problem is of the support-type (hence this thread, in support) I think it's quite reasonable to expect it to be referenced in the support forums. Since it is not, my post was totally on topic, in the correct forum, in the correct thread.