Ok folks, this may be just a gameplay balance question, and it may have been addressed elsewhere for Book1 or Book2, but I sure couldn't find anything searching the forums. Basically, the situation is this (works in Book 1 or Book 2 under Linux.. haven't tried other versions):
- aggravate some enemies at night/in near-darkness
- retreat to position where Hidden in Shadow is indicated, against tree clumps is always good
- flame on the torch
- play whack-a-mole on their heads
- **BUT THEN FLAME OFF THE TORCH BEFORE THEY CAN SWING/HIT**
- laugh as they either miss from huge % penalty or they even just wander about you, not seeing you but still aggravated
- flame on the torch, rinse and repeat.
The base "problem", if it can be classed as such, is that torch on/off status takes no time, and that you can toggle it at any point during the turn.
Sooo... my question really is: Is this _supposed_ to be this way? Am I supposed to have the "Flick Your Bic 'Insta-Torch'" ?
I rather hate to even bring it up, since it's one of my favorite techniques for adventuring beyond where I normally would be "safe" going for a given level.
However, since BW is still wrangling bugs and such for Book2, I thought I would ask. Since he's made equipment swapping take a tick/round of time, I thought this one ought to be fixed (or at least made toggle-able) as well.
Any thoughts? Bueller?