Wish List

Here's where all things related to Book III are being discussed!
sjc03
Initiate

Wish List

Post by sjc03 »

Could Silk be a added material ?

Imagine Silk Shirt/Blouse with move quietly/hide in shadows abilities and of course Noble attire for scholars. Same could be had for Belts with Skulldugery and Lockpicking adding dexterity. Head gear could be a scarf worn as a bandana or as a mask.

Local Maps, why not have some extra Maps of the towns to collect and a Map Case which could add to Cartography skill.

Lanterns.. have a candle lantern so you can buy candles to fuel it and need matches to do so. Rename the oil to shale oil and allow purchase of lamp oil for the oil lantern.. give a recipe for making lamp oil and for matches and why not for candles ?

Silver spoons, silver candle holders, honey pot all collectable loot from homes and to buy and trade.

Gourds as a food supply item with a second use as a grenade, candle lamp or water/acid container when empty. Also coconut`s could be used this way.

Spells.. Slow the opposite of haste, weaken opposite of Ogre strength. Lighning Bolt a inbetween power before fireball and paralize.

Ampules a small capacity sealed flask for various liquids/poisons/enhancements

Just ideas for a richer game enviroment.
Evnissyen
Captain
Captain

Re: Wish List

Post by Evnissyen »

sjc03 wrote:Local Maps, why not have some extra Maps of the towns to collect and a Map Case which could add to Cartography skill.
This sounds like an interesting idea, but I don't know if I'm totally sure what you mean... . Do you mean just larger maps with greater detail? That in itself would be nice, I think. You could buy one in each town and it could help you navigate, and even offer you clues as to explorable places you wouldn't otherwise be aware of . . . although, of course, the game being grid-based: a grid is a grid and I think it might be difficult for BW -- and disconcerting for the player -- to suddenly explode the area x2 every time you entered a town. An interesting idea, though... maybe somebody else would have a better idea how to implement something like that?
Lanterns.. have a candle lantern so you can buy candles to fuel it and need matches to do so. Rename the oil to shale oil and allow purchase of lamp oil for the oil lantern.. give a recipe for making lamp oil and for matches and why not for candles ?
Eh... a little too complicated, methinks.

I mean... you can take realism only so far before it gets overwhelming and burdensome. (Odd word... hmm... .)
Certainty: a character-driven, literary, turn-based mini-CRPG in which Vasek, legendary "Wandering Philosopher", seeks certainties in a cryptically insular, organic, critically layered city.
sjc03
Initiate

Post by sjc03 »

Not that hard to make a recipe for a Match.. sulpher and a twig or marsh grass for the container and add brimstone sell a book or box of matches to make the value right for the items used say 20 Matches at 15 gp.

The point is user interaction.. people like collecting and using stuff they find and make within the game.

Strange to have a candle in the game you can not light and only used for a single quest.. why not have them light and be a low light less than a torch subject them to blowing out in a wind.. hence the lantern to stop that, but make the lantern at a lower price than the oil lamp which should still be the brightest :wink: .
kdorian
Initiate

Post by kdorian »

I don't know if anyone has suggested this - I searched for "Noise" and "Sound" and didn't see anything, but...

I'd love it if a sound effect could be added when a resting character reaches full HP & MP. Maybe a yawn, or (less realistically but possibly amusing) a ringing clock alarm going off?

When I play and my character is resting I will pull the Eschalon screen down so only the title bar is showing while I read something else, or I'll go grab something. Frankly, it gets pretty boring just sitting there and looking at a tent for a few minutes. A lot of people seem to complain that travel is boring, but at least there's changing terrain to look at, and you need to adjust directions occasionally - when resting all you get is the fire flickering. Right now I'm running my first True Mage challenge and it's driving me NUTS the way I have to keep checking the screen to see if I need to wake the character yet. A sound I could listen for would be very helpful!
The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing. - Archilochos
MyGameCompany
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by MyGameCompany »

Here's my wish list so far:

1) Dragons!
2) The chance to recover arrows - the Ranger/Rogue is my favorite build, and I use bows a lot. It would be nice after you kill an enemy and raid their body (via the sack that they drop) to be able to recover some percentage of your arrows.
3) Some skills have nobody to teach them, particularly the rogue skills like Spot Hidden and Skullduggery. Having the assassin in B2 Thieves' Arcadia teach some of the rogue skills was good, but maybe in B3 there can be a thieves guild hidden somewhere where you can get training for all of the rogue skills. Or instead of a thieves guild, perhaps a town like Grimpen Ward from the Shannara books, where thieves and cutthroats hang out - you can get skills, information, or special equipment there that you can get nowhere else, but you can also get waylaid or killed.
4) Having the forage skill actually find food. I had the forage skill built up to level 5, and only ever found alchemy ingredients. Since I didn't have the Alchemy skill, this really didn't help me much.
5) For the wizard, I'd like to see spells for things none of the other classes can do, like levitate (to cross barriers like rivers and floor traps), polymorph (temporarily turn a tough enemy like a troll into an easy to beat enemy like a frog or chicken), shapechange (the ability to temporarily change your own form into a more powerful one), or illusion (create duplicates of yourself to confuse an enemy or disguise yourself to walk undetected among a group of enemies).
Troy
Former indie game developer
Check out my Book III mods: The Mystery of Rockhammer Mine and Expedition into West Mirkland
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

I'll try and add some of these to my comprehensive wishlist thread a little later (a number of the ones above are already in there).
(I can't believe I forgot dragons in my original list!!... :oops: )
Last edited by IJBall on November 14th, 2010, 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mod.
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by Mod. »

Local Maps, why not have some extra Maps of the towns to collect and a Map Case which could add to Cartography skill.
If you mean that you can pay to get a fully graphed cartography map for some areas, that would be a cool feature for those who do not want to invest in cartography. I wouldn't have to spend hours mapping areas like hellice lake anymore. Of course some areas would not have maps, logically and it also gives something to those willing to invest in cartography.

My list (so far, will edit to keep up to date):

1. Loot bags highlight when you press tab like enemies do, so I can find those loot bags behind trees. Could make loot bags higher priority too when tab is pressed, as in you would click on the bags instead of other objects, defeating the ungrabbable bags.

2. I think I recall BW mentioning a party-based EB3? Solo characters all the way!

3. Sell all of item button/hotkey for vendors. Also, a grab all from loot bag hotkey on keyboard.

4. Less linearity. I would prefer to be able to play the game differently every time, not by just having a different character build. Freedom to explore areas ahead of when needed, many bonus areas just to enjoy.

5. For difficulty levels, maybe add a monster handicap feature; players who think the game is too easy in combat can beef up those baddies, or players who are not good at RPGs can tone it down a bit in combat.

6. Multiple solutions. So many times in games I have quit because of some puzzle or challenge that I just couldn't stand to do. I would love to have at least one other path to try for challenges.

7. Take your time! I don't care how long I have to wait for EB3, but make it a big and enjoyable game. I'd rather wait a few more months just for a little extra content.

8. I don't like finding a pair of dragon-skin boots just to find that they are worth 200 coins, and see the exact same pair from a vendor that is worth over a thousand. Just because I found it in a coffin doesn't mean it is worthless, someone has to want it.

9. Being able to take off equipment just before quicktravel or walking on lava to avoid damage annoys me. If it was meant to cause a penalty, there shouldn't be so easy of a work-around.

10. I hate laggy forests. EB2 is probably the only game I have right now that lags, and it doesn't look graphic intensive at all. Not to mention I get a 1 as my performance rating.

11. Relatedly, add a speed option for players. Some players don't like having to spend hours walking. The scenery isn't as good as you would imagine it to be up close.

12. Always make options to avoid having to click over and over and over. We Americans are lazy these days, don't make us have to put up with clicking.

13. Why does it always take me 20 tries to pick a 36% chance lock, but I can pick a 1% chance lock in the Thieves Arcadia on my first try?

14. More options. I hate that the only graphics option is little square or fullscreen. Also, In-game console ftw!

15. Thanks for teasing me with hopes of a Yoma Springs Cavern dungeon that I never got.

16. An optional in-game tutorial maybe? No one reads those outside of game texts anymore.

17. Better quick equipment swapping. More slots or something.

18. Periodic autosave, for those of us who forget to save between starting a big dungeon and dying at the very end. More save slots too.

19. Not having to level up just to see information on skills and attributes.

20. More bosses! Optional hard ones too!

21. To record text that you have previously read to read at any other time. Would've been useful to have in Book II for people gathering info on the Orakur.

22. That last potion in readied item slots puts it's flask in the inventory, not that same slot (why do I need an empty flask there?).

23. More dropped loot. What happens to all the shiny gear those town guards wear after I kill them? Me want shiny...

24. Minigames!!!

Edit: Bah! Thanks for posting that comprehensive list right before I posted my list! Now it looks like I stole from other people's ideas.
Last edited by Mod. on November 25th, 2010, 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

After venturing into Fathamurk and finding candecium dust as an extractable magical power ingredient, I propose when the dust gathers undisturbed for too long there is a chance it can form into candecium dust bunnies. These cute purple creatures lure you in with their deceptively innocent albeit strange appearance and then go for your throat with a vorpal bite.
Last edited by Randomizer on November 15th, 2010, 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

Mod. wrote:Edit: Bah! Thanks for posting that comprehensive list right before I posted my list! Now it looks like I stole from other people's ideas.
Believe me, it's not a big deal! :lol:

There are multiple 'wishlists' that have been floating around these forums, a few for quite some time - several of these ideas have been bumping around here for a couple of years at least.

When I said I've been working on that 'comprehensive wishlist' for a while, I wasn't kidding - I think I've been working on some form of that list for a year! maybe longer!! :o

But a good starting point for this is the original Book II Wishlist (compiled) thread - there's a lot of stuff that didn't make it into Book II that people have been asking for since at least the release of Book I (if not before!), so Book III's our last chance to see some of these suggestions make it into the final game!! ;) :mrgreen:
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

Randomizer wrote:After venturing into Fathamurk and finding candecium dust as an extractable magical power ingredient, I propose when the dust gathers undisturbed for too long there is a chance it can form into candecium dust bunnies. These cute purple creatures lure you in with their deceptively innocent albeit strange appearance and then go for your throat with a vorpal bite.
Just no holy hand grenade, okay? Somehow that damn holy hand grenade made it into every campaign back when I was in high school (didn't help that the movie had just come out and we all saw it probably a dozen times).
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

Mod. wrote: My list (so far, will edit to keep up to date):

2. I think I recall BW mentioning a party-based EB3? Solo characters all the way!

My memory says, solo in Book 3, but the next, and different, game will be party based..I think space game???
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
xolotl
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by xolotl »

Dragonlady wrote:My memory says, solo in Book 3
I'm pretty sure that BW has said that Book 3 will remain solo, as well. I did stumble across a very early post from the Book 2 forums where BW had mentioned that Book 2 was likely to be party-based, so I'm guessing that the idea was in general just dropped for the Eschalon series.

(And FWIW, I'd prefer to just keep Book 3 as being a non-party-based game, so that the whole series feels more cohesive. Though of course I wouldn't complain if it did end up having a party system.)
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

xolotl wrote:
Dragonlady wrote:My memory says, solo in Book 3
I'm pretty sure that BW has said that Book 3 will remain solo, as well. I did stumble across a very early post from the Book 2 forums where BW had mentioned that Book 2 was likely to be party-based, so I'm guessing that the idea was in general just dropped for the Eschalon series.

(And FWIW, I'd prefer to just keep Book 3 as being a non-party-based game, so that the whole series feels more cohesive. Though of course I wouldn't complain if it did end up having a party system.)
Correct. Book III will definitely be solo. Party-based gameplay will have to wait for the next series.
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
AdskiySotona
Pledge

Post by AdskiySotona »

1. I would like the game to support any resolution from 800x600 to 2560x1600 in both fullscreen and window
2. When i click on an object or npc i would like my character to go to it and make an action.
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

AdskiySotona wrote:1. I would like the game to support any resolution from 800x600 to 2560x1600 in both fullscreen and window
I'll add that to my list, as it's a perennial request. But I'm pretty sure that, for technical reasons, it's unlikely that BW can add that functionality to Book III...
AdskiySotona wrote:2. When i click on an object or npc i would like my character to go to it and make an action.
OK, that's a less ambitious than the oft-requested "auto-path" functionality, so I'll add this request too.