Load old characters

Here's where all things related to Book III are being discussed!

Load old characters

Postby Vroqren » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:51 pm

I know it may be a bit stretched, but I think it would be super cool if you found a way to make the saved files from Book II and convert them into files for Book III. Then, the starting creatures, instead of being something new, or something that was a starting creature before could be something that was supposed to be pretty hard at the end of Book II. Then, players could start with what was the best sword in Book II, but in Book III it's pretty much useless. They could also keep the skills they spent time to level up etc. I'm not quite sure if it's possible, but if it is - even if it's only the skills they can keep, it would be super useful, cool, and it would make players happy.
My Walkthrough for Book I is here, and my Walkthrough for Book II is here!
My Fathamurk Walkthrough is here.
Please PM me with updates or corrections for my walkthroughs!

SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Load old characters

Postby Kreador Freeaxe » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:42 am

It would make it very hard to balance the game, though, for people who come to Book III without having played either of the other two, or people who just want to try different things than they did in Book II and/or Book I.

I am looking forward, however, to seeing one of the enterprising folks around here use the modding tools BW plans to release with Book III and rebuild Books I and II so that the entire world of Eschalon can become one big campaign.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Postby AXS » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:31 am

Kreador Freeaxe wrote:
I am looking forward, however, to seeing one of the enterprising folks around here use the modding tools BW plans to release with Book III and rebuild Books I and II so that the entire world of Eschalon can become one big campaign.

That would be fantastic :)

All the eschalon world in a single piece and expanded by the players, would be awesome!!.

Also like the idea of having a character going up from level 1 to X > 30 , i feel a little short 30 , i know is awfully hard to balance further levels , but one can dream :mrgreen:
AXS
Apprentice

Postby Evnissyen » Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:14 am

Me, I wanna be able to import myself. Not Tron-style -- I don't want to actually be there -- but a representation of myself.
Certainty: a character-driven, literary, turn-based mini-CRPG in which Vasek, legendary "Wandering Philosopher", seeks certainties in a cryptically insular, organic, critically layered city.
Evnissyen
Captain
Captain

Postby Vroqren » Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:09 am

That would be nice. You get to choose facial characteristics, and you can choose what skills you have. Unfortunately, everyone would see it as an opportunity to start the game with level 9999 in everything.
My Walkthrough for Book I is here, and my Walkthrough for Book II is here!
My Fathamurk Walkthrough is here.
Please PM me with updates or corrections for my walkthroughs!

SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Arkos » Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:53 pm

Unfortunately, everyone would see it as an opportunity to start the game with level 9999 in everything.

Just like in real life... :mrgreen:
Arkos
Council Member

Postby Ladez » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:31 pm

Last edited by Ladez on Fri May 10, 2013 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ladez
Apprentice

Postby RPGamer » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:29 pm

Vroqren wrote:I know it may be a bit stretched, but I think it would be super cool if you found a way to make the saved files from Book II and convert them into files for Book III. Then, the starting creatures, instead of being something new, or something that was a starting creature before could be something that was supposed to be pretty hard at the end of Book II. Then, players could start with what was the best sword in Book II, but in Book III it's pretty much useless. They could also keep the skills they spent time to level up etc. I'm not quite sure if it's possible, but if it is - even if it's only the skills they can keep, it would be super useful, cool, and it would make players happy.

well, in the end of book ii, if you followed the main storyline, the end cutscene mentioned your equipment being gone, so I don't think the weapon idea would work
RPGamer
Apprentice

Postby Re3st1mat3d » Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:24 pm

Kreador Freeaxe wrote:I am looking forward, however, to seeing one of the enterprising folks around here use the modding tools BW plans to release with Book III and rebuild Books I and II so that the entire world of Eschalon can become one big campaign.

I'd be available for the testing of said mod. :D
This is top Notch. hehe
Re3st1mat3d
Initiate

Return to Eschalon: Book III