Load old characters

Here's where all things related to Book III are being discussed!
User avatar
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Posts: 833
Joined: March 2nd, 2011, 9:44 pm
Location: Yoma Narrows

Load old characters

Postby Vroqren » March 3rd, 2011, 11:51 pm

I know it may be a bit stretched, but I think it would be super cool if you found a way to make the saved files from Book II and convert them into files for Book III. Then, the starting creatures, instead of being something new, or something that was a starting creature before could be something that was supposed to be pretty hard at the end of Book II. Then, players could start with what was the best sword in Book II, but in Book III it's pretty much useless. They could also keep the skills they spent time to level up etc. I'm not quite sure if it's possible, but if it is - even if it's only the skills they can keep, it would be super useful, cool, and it would make players happy.

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here
Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
Please PM me with updates or corrections for my walkthroughs!

SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
User avatar
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General
Posts: 2285
Joined: April 26th, 2008, 3:44 pm

Re: Load old characters

Postby Kreador Freeaxe » March 4th, 2011, 9:42 am

It would make it very hard to balance the game, though, for people who come to Book III without having played either of the other two, or people who just want to try different things than they did in Book II and/or Book I.

I am looking forward, however, to seeing one of the enterprising folks around here use the modding tools BW plans to release with Book III and rebuild Books I and II so that the entire world of Eschalon can become one big campaign.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
AXS
Apprentice
Posts: 23
Joined: May 19th, 2010, 6:03 pm

Re: Load old characters

Postby AXS » March 4th, 2011, 10:31 am

Kreador Freeaxe wrote:
I am looking forward, however, to seeing one of the enterprising folks around here use the modding tools BW plans to release with Book III and rebuild Books I and II so that the entire world of Eschalon can become one big campaign.


That would be fantastic :)

All the eschalon world in a single piece and expanded by the players, would be awesome!!.

Also like the idea of having a character going up from level 1 to X > 30 , i feel a little short 30 , i know is awfully hard to balance further levels , but one can dream :mrgreen:
User avatar
Evnissyen
Captain
Captain
Posts: 1078
Joined: July 7th, 2008, 11:28 am
Location: Elizabeth Warren Land
Contact:

Re: Load old characters

Postby Evnissyen » March 5th, 2011, 6:14 am

Me, I wanna be able to import myself. Not Tron-style -- I don't want to actually be there -- but a representation of myself.
Certainty: a character-driven, literary, turn-based mini-CRPG in which Vasek, legendary "Wandering Philosopher", seeks certainties in a cryptically insular, organic, critically layered city.
User avatar
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Posts: 833
Joined: March 2nd, 2011, 9:44 pm
Location: Yoma Narrows

Re: Load old characters

Postby Vroqren » March 5th, 2011, 9:09 am

That would be nice. You get to choose facial characteristics, and you can choose what skills you have. Unfortunately, everyone would see it as an opportunity to start the game with level 9999 in everything.

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here
Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
Please PM me with updates or corrections for my walkthroughs!

SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
User avatar
Arkos
Council Member
Posts: 157
Joined: March 18th, 2010, 4:42 pm
Location: Federal Way, WA

Re: Load old characters

Postby Arkos » March 6th, 2011, 4:53 pm

Unfortunately, everyone would see it as an opportunity to start the game with level 9999 in everything.


Just like in real life... :mrgreen:
Ladez
Apprentice
Posts: 23
Joined: May 12th, 2010, 5:57 am

Re: Load old characters

Postby Ladez » March 12th, 2011, 5:31 pm

...
Last edited by Ladez on May 10th, 2013, 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RPGamer
Apprentice
Posts: 31
Joined: April 13th, 2011, 8:14 pm

Re: Load old characters

Postby RPGamer » April 13th, 2011, 8:29 pm

Vroqren wrote:I know it may be a bit stretched, but I think it would be super cool if you found a way to make the saved files from Book II and convert them into files for Book III. Then, the starting creatures, instead of being something new, or something that was a starting creature before could be something that was supposed to be pretty hard at the end of Book II. Then, players could start with what was the best sword in Book II, but in Book III it's pretty much useless. They could also keep the skills they spent time to level up etc. I'm not quite sure if it's possible, but if it is - even if it's only the skills they can keep, it would be super useful, cool, and it would make players happy.

well, in the end of book ii, if you followed the main storyline, the end cutscene mentioned your equipment being gone, so I don't think the weapon idea would work
User avatar
Re3st1mat3d
Initiate
Posts: 10
Joined: August 26th, 2011, 6:55 pm
Location: Archdale, NC
Contact:

Re: Load old characters

Postby Re3st1mat3d » August 28th, 2011, 12:24 pm

Kreador Freeaxe wrote:I am looking forward, however, to seeing one of the enterprising folks around here use the modding tools BW plans to release with Book III and rebuild Books I and II so that the entire world of Eschalon can become one big campaign.


I'd be available for the testing of said mod. :D
This is top Notch. hehe

Return to “Eschalon: Book III”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest