How about Steam Achievements?

Here's where all things related to Book III are being discussed!
Ikzai
Initiate

How about Steam Achievements?

Post by Ikzai »

I think it would be a pretty awesome feature to add on to the games or just have in on the third game. I know they have zero worth, REALLY, but it still adds a bit of re playability for some of us and an extra push to do some of the harder things featured in these games. I wouldn't imagine they would be too difficult to code in, either. Just a thought.
xolotl
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: How about Steam Achievements?

Post by xolotl »

Book 2 already included in-game achievements, and I'd guess that it's likely Book 3 will have the same as well. I suppose that integrating them with Steam probably wouldn't be difficult, though personally if it came down to Steam integration versus any other area of development, I'd go with option B. :)

(Also, given that Steam is only one method of distribution for Eschalon, it may not make too much sense to spend time coding for a specific platform. Especially given Steam's track record with, ahem, treating BW's games well.)
Ikzai
Initiate

Post by Ikzai »

I see what you are saying but I've heard from other developers that integrating Steam achievements is ridiculously easy and hardly takes any time. I like you're idea of the in game achievements being the same as the supposed Steam achievements. I think that just makes sense.
kelticpete
Council Member

Post by kelticpete »

i for one would love steam achievements. I worked hard for the 8 out 13 achievements I got and it would be nice for it to be on my steam badge page.
Pax,

Pete

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
This is the Great Pink Vorpal Bunny. Copy and paste Pink Vorpal Bunny on your signature to help gain Pink Vorpal Bunny gain world domination!