I've been thinking about doing this kind of thing for a while - a separate thread on some of the section topics contained within the Book III 'Wishlist'. Today, I'm going to focus in on the "Bestiary" section.
So, here's the question - What kinds of beasts, mobs, and creatures would you most like to see in Book III?
Honestly, on my end, I think I'd actually most like to see pretty much all of the creatures we've seen in Book I and Book II make a return appearance (with maybe a little bit more thought to how the various sub-groups within a creature group should be utilized - e.g. you enter a dungeon area where a bunch of "regular" Skeletons attack first, softening you up for some Skeleton Archers and Skeleton Marauders further back in the same area who will attack you second: kind of like having the "infantry" attack before the "cavalry" attacks).
But I think I'd like to see all of the old 'mobs' return. What I'd like to see back in Book III is:
- All the kinds of lizards/salamanders we've seen (we had "Fanged" and "Noximanders" in B1, and "Devilmadners" in Book II)
- Goblins (all 3 kinds from Book I (esp. the Bombthugs!), plus also a "chief type" (something like the Goblin Warlord))
- More flying critters like the Bloodsipper bats and the Dragonels and the Bees
- All the Slimes & Molds we've seen up to now
- Thugs and/or Outlanders (but, this time, with a sub-class of ranged-weapon using Thugs/Outlanders, and a Thug/Outlander 'chief'-type as well)
- "regular" Skeletons, from Book I (we saw Skeleton Marauders and Skeleton Archers in Book II, but "regular" Skeletons should act as kind of the "regular infantry" of Skeleton attacks, with Skeleton Marauders being more like 'chief'- or 'cavalry'-types...)
- Acid Grubs
- All the kinds of Spiders/Arachnids from B1 & B2
- "regular" Poltergeists; and, course:
- Barrea[n] Mercenaries!!
Beyond that, the few other things I'd like to see in Book III are:
Dragons! It goes without saying that I really think the Eschalon series needs to end with your character taking on at least one dragon!
Creatures, mobs, or opponents who use, 1) electrical-attacks (we've had mobs in B1 & B2 that do fire attacks, and ice attacks, but no creatures have used an electrical attack yet...), and 2) magic-attacks (I'd really like to go up against Evil Wizards or Evil Healer/Warlocks - we've really only seen that kind of stuff from NPCs whom you're supposed to (mostly) not
Thieves or Gremlins that steal stuff from you - this would add another element of necessary strategizing to the game if you had to worry about stuff (or food and water) being stolen out of your inventory while in combat with some mob.
Other people's thoughts?...