'Wishlist' Focus: Creatures You'd Like To See in Book III

Here's where all things related to Book III are being discussed!

Re: 'Wishlist' Focus: Creatures You'd Like To See in Book II

Postby Kreador Freeaxe » Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:07 pm

Jedi_Learner wrote:What about Giants? According to the book "Of Men and Giants" in the first game many Giants were brought to Thaermore "from the lands beyond Barrea and forced to work the mines, smashing rock and carrying ore." Since the revolt many of them have returned to their native homelands.

Donovan wrote:We meet at least one half elf in Book I, I believe, who teaches archery, so the world theoretically has them.

You are correct. The same book I mentioned in this post also mentions elves.

"First, a note concerning Giants: they are not the feeble-minded creatures of popular conception. They are, in fact, highly socialized beings equal to that of men or elves, though perhaps their primitive speech patterns and rituals make them appear less civilized. It was this prejudice that led to the giants' enslavement and eventual revolt of the race of giants."

Dang. Okay, I'll just have to get myself a pet elf in Book III.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Postby IJBall » Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:19 pm

Kreador Freeaxe wrote:Dang. Okay, I'll just have to get myself a pet elf in Book III.

I think BW is thinkin' "Tolkein elves", not "fairy elves", here... :wink:
IJBall
Major
Major

Postby Kreador Freeaxe » Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:47 pm

IJBall wrote:
Kreador Freeaxe wrote:Dang. Okay, I'll just have to get myself a pet elf in Book III.

I think BW is thinkin' "Tolkein elves", not "fairy elves", here... :wink:

Oh, I know. I was actually referencing a very inside joke having to do with the old PnP RPG character from which I took my screen name. So inside that nobody here is going to get the joke. :)
---

Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Postby norolim » Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:42 am

DRAGONS!!! Or at least one :)

And a bit more casting enemies, e.g. Liches, to make things more difficult for melee classes.
norolim
Initiate

Postby Dragonlady » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:33 pm

norolim wrote:DRAGONS!!! Or at least one :)

And a bit more casting enemies, e.g. Liches, to make things more difficult for melee classes.

Be careful what you wish for. For thou art tasty, full of good muscle, minerals (armor) & handy toothpicks (weapons) included, especially with ketsup! :lol:
I'm hungry! *Looks intently around for midknight snack..*

:lol: :lol:
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Postby norolim » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:29 pm

:D
A Lady Dragon...hmmmm...OK, you can eat me ;)
norolim
Initiate

Postby SpottedShroom » Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:31 pm

norolim wrote:And a bit more casting enemies, e.g. Liches, to make things more difficult for melee classes.

There are unused liche stats in Book II, so you might very well get your wish. The unused stats indicate melee rather than spellcasting attacks, but they might not be finished.
SpottedShroom
Captain
Captain

Postby Dragonlady » Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:14 pm

norolim wrote::D
A Lady Dragon...hmmmm...OK, you can eat me ;)

Chef! Chef! Heat up the vat of chocolate! Someones offering me freebies and it needs dunking first! :roll:
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Postby Randomizer » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:34 pm

You could have more of the hostile plants, from sentinel stalks (Book 2) and that grass that damages you when you walk through it (Book 1). After all what's a jungle without constricting vines and blood sucking plants.
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Postby Dragonlady » Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:07 pm

Randomizer wrote:You could have more of the hostile plants, from sentinel stalks (Book 2) and that grass that damages you when you walk through it (Book 1). After all what's a jungle without constricting vines and blood sucking plants.

Don't forget trap door spiders, giant size. Fire/army ants and very large pirhana's in the shallow waters... :roll: :lol:
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Postby Kreador Freeaxe » Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:23 pm

Randomizer wrote:You could have more of the hostile plants, from sentinel stalks (Book 2) and that grass that damages you when you walk through it (Book 1). After all what's a jungle without constricting vines and blood sucking plants.

Speaking of hostile plants, a cool one would be something like a vine plant that stretches out over several tiles, and the vines in each tile can attack individually so you have to wipe them out one tile at a time to kill the whole plant. Maybe it can even spread sprouts to another tile every so many turns (like the trolls regenerating), so if you're not killing it fast enough, it spreads.
---

Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Postby raverdave2k » Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:08 pm

Kreador Freeaxe wrote:Speaking of hostile plants, a cool one would be something like a vine plant that stretches out over several tiles, and the vines in each tile can attack individually so you have to wipe them out one tile at a time to kill the whole plant. Maybe it can even spread sprouts to another tile every so many turns (like the trolls regenerating), so if you're not killing it fast enough, it spreads.

Sounds cool, and perhaps a smaller non spreading vine type plant that ensnares the player either making them miss a few turns or means they can only attack the plant until it's destroyed allowing nearby enemies to get a few free shots.

Or I guess you could be mean and combine all of the above :)
Last edited by raverdave2k on Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
My modifications for Eschalon Book I: RaverDave's Book I Mod
My modifications for Eschalon Book II: Port Kuudad Tower - Now Open, Treasure Of The Orakur

All previous versions avaliable here
raverdave2k
Senior Council Member

Postby CrazyBernie » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:29 am

I just went through the entire Book III wishlist twice, and did not find a request for the following:

Atmospheric/Peaceful Creatures.

Game animals - things like deer and rabbits that will run away when attacked and yield food and sellable furs. Others such as the boar/bear which won't attack on sight but might defend or attack if the player comes within a certain distance. (eg. within 10 squares you get the message" "The boar turns toward you, snorts, and starts pawing the ground. Careful!" and within 5 squares: "The boar squeals angrily and charges"

Various Insects - won't attack on sight, will defend or run and might yield sellable or alchemical components.
"Apparently, getting your ass kicked is now part of this complete breakfast." - Roy Greenhilt
CrazyBernie
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Postby raverdave2k » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:39 am

Liking both of those ideas, the first one immediantly reminded me of going around slaughtering cattle / horses in Ultima VII :D
My modifications for Eschalon Book I: RaverDave's Book I Mod
My modifications for Eschalon Book II: Port Kuudad Tower - Now Open, Treasure Of The Orakur

All previous versions avaliable here
raverdave2k
Senior Council Member

Postby SpottedShroom » Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:28 pm

raverdave2k wrote:Liking both of those ideas, the first one immediantly reminded me of going around slaughtering cattle / horses in Ultima VII :D

I remember in Ultima 6 you could use the Pickpocket spell to harvest meat from cows without having to kill them.
SpottedShroom
Captain
Captain

PreviousNext

Return to Eschalon: Book III