How will you survive? [Heavy Spoilers]

Here's where all things related to Book III are being discussed!
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: How will you survive? [Heavy Spoilers]

Post by Vroqren »

Randomizer wrote:The real purpose of the widget is to defeat Orakur devices.
Brilliant: The widget was never a filler object, it was foreshadowing. BW panicked when we figured out about it so fast, so he made up an excuse to why it was really in the game.

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
Lord_P
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by Lord_P »

I have a speculation:

Most of you might remember the Eschalon time line. Know that strange light that was seen in the west? The ship of the Orakur. The One wants to leave Eschalon quickly? Talushorn is his vessel, tauraxes can't make computers. So where is this Orakur ship? Fandugan (Wylderan north country), most likely.
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

Prismatic Maelstrom wrote:
Lord_P wrote:Know that strange light that was seen in the west?
When is this mentioned in Book I or II?
Isn't there a mention in the history of Thaermore that you find in Everdale in Book I about a strange light in the sky?
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

Kreador Freeaxe wrote:
Lord_P wrote:Know that strange light that was seen in the west?
When is this mentioned in Book I or II?
Isn't there a mention in the history of Thaermore that you find in Everdale in Book I about a strange light in the sky?
No - in fact, this has never been mentioned in the game (either one).

The Collected History of Thaermore is here.

It's not mentioned in any of the Book I books - only in the follow-up post from BW in that thread. AFAICT, it's never been mentioned anywhere else in the game.

Now, I'm not saying that it won't show up in Book III - just that it hasn't shown up in Book I (or Book II), so far. ;)
Painted Lady
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Painted Lady »

"Wow, very nice IJBall. Since you've done so well, I will grant you a few tidbits from our own world history time line:

[Year 1] "The Age of Exploration" - The start date of the 2nd Calender Age is roughly the time when many Dwarven and Human explorers begin to survey the lands outside of the Northland Expanse and Mistfell (an area originally called the "Homelands"). Over then next two centuries we see the exploration of Thaermore, the first surveys of Crakamir, Barrea, and the navigation of the seas and oceans around the main continent of Eschalon.

[circa Year 300] A bright light falls from the sky. A great thunder is heard in the west. Rarely mentioned in mainstream history books, this event is acknowledged in many religious texts and arcane rituals."

The above was from a post by BW.

I finally found this post from Book I. Thought I had lost my mind trying to remember where it came from. Anyway, if BW put this out there for us to see I expect he meant it was pertinent to the story line. And, the space ship involvement is certainly a possibility for Book III.
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

IJBall wrote:No - in fact, this has never been mentioned in the game (either one).

The Collected History of Thaermore is here.

It's not mentioned in any of the Book I books - only in the follow-up post from BW in that thread. AFAICT, it's never been mentioned anywhere else in the game.

Now, I'm not saying that it won't show up in Book III - just that it hasn't shown up in Book I (or Book II), so far. ;)
Ah, right. See, a brain is a terrible thing to waste. :)
---

Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Painted Lady wrote:And, the space ship involvement is certainly a possibility for Book III.
But why? Because Shina told you there was one?
That's one reason why it's a possibility. BW has been very careful not to confirm or deny any of our suppositions about the storyline for the series. Personally, I think it will be something other than a spaceship. I think Thomas has something a bit different in mind underneath it all. But I'm happy to wait and see.
---

Necromis
Officer [Bronze Rank]
Officer [Bronze Rank]

Post by Necromis »

Kreador Freeaxe wrote:BW has been very careful not to confirm or deny any of our suppositions about the storyline for the series.
He hasn't confirmed or denied anything but he likes hinting.
Ironically your link jumps right to my post in that thread. Though it does bring up some fun thoughts still. I mean I don't think it is a *space* ship. Though remember there are pictures of a floating city that they could have come *down* from. Thus they would still need a ship to get back *up* do the floating city.
The Quickest way to a man's heart is thru his back.
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Hmmm. Maybe they're actually from Laputa. ;-)
---

Lord_P
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by Lord_P »

That would certainly be a twist.

The Stone Golem could have been a Laputan robot?
Necromis
Officer [Bronze Rank]
Officer [Bronze Rank]

Post by Necromis »

anyone remember what the *one* looks like. I have not played for a while and can't remember the cut scene. If he and Shina look different that would make Shina not Orakur. I keep forgettting this point. LOL
Painted Lady
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Painted Lady »

Necromis wrote:anyone remember what the *one* looks like. I have not played for a while and can't remember the cut scene. If he and Shina look different that would make Shina not Orakur. I keep forgettting this point. LOL
They looks rather similar. Shina is seen from a distance and The One has a close-up, but they come off as probably being from the same race.
Necromis
Officer [Bronze Rank]
Officer [Bronze Rank]

Post by Necromis »

Necromis wrote:Though remember there are pictures of a floating city that they could have come *down* from. Thus they would still need a ship to get back *up* do the floating city.
Why would the Orakur only have one "ship" to travel between the surface of Eschalon and the giant floating city? If the Orakur are capable of such a technological marvel I'm sure they would be smart enough to have several "ships" and hide a couple of them in case of emergencies.
They may not have intended to crash. It could have been an exploration group. I dunno. It is just a thought to be honest. Heck for all we know they could be from a parallel dimension/plane. :)