Game Editor "looking-forward-to-list"

Here's where all things related to Book III are being discussed!
Lord_P
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Game Editor "looking-forward-to-list"

Post by Lord_P »

The wishlist posted by geishaboy is WAAAY old and instead of bumping dormant threads I decided to make a new one.

All these wishes are made based on the belief that the editor will be like the awesome one made by xolotl for EBI and EBII (You can find it at the both forums).

Features
*NPC and moster editor to make our own quests and own baddies!

*Item editor for same purposes

*Ability to import own pictures/sprites

Graphics
*Add a "sitting person" model for bar patrons and such

*All the portraits from previous Books for NPCs

*More corpses! And bring back the underwater corpse (seen in Vela)

*All "banners" (wall decals). If not all atleast goblin banner.

Miscellaneous
*Add goblins at least for editor purposes.

*Same for thugs, outlanders, all spiders, poltergeists/dwarven spirits and fungal slimes/black mold.

EDIT: *Spell using enemies!
Last edited by Lord_P on March 11th, 2012, 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
ManusDei
Council Member

Re: Game Editor "looking-forward-to-list"

Post by ManusDei »

Will we be able to dabble a bit with scripts ?

I want to create some content with quests open (or not) depending on the character class or axiom, maybe even origin or sex.
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

I believe BW has said that the editor would be a more user-friendly version of the tools he uses to create the games, so they would include the necessary elements for creating NPCs, scripts, special items, etc. At least I believe that is his plan.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

Grrrr! I had something like this floating around in my head a while ago, but it's lost to me now. :roll:

I may revisit this thread down the road if some ideas for what I'd like to see in the game editor come to me.

For right now, I'll just add one that I've been desiring for a while:

*A way for the Game Editor to use the current games' sprites, but have a way to just change the color of them.

You know so that you could, like, have different "levels" of "Fanged Salamanders" - e.g. green ones are "easy", yellow ones are "medium", and red ones are "hard (i.e. "high level").

That way you could use, basically, one single preexisting game sprite to create multiple (levels) of mobs for a player-created mod/scenario! :mrgreen:
Lord_P
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by Lord_P »

IJBall wrote:Grrrr! I had something like this floating around in my head a while ago, but it's lost to me now. :roll:
I always hoped you would start one.
EDIT: (Maybe start a new subsection in the comprehensive wishlist?)
IJBall wrote:*A way for the Game Editor to use the current games' sprites, but have a way to just change the color of them.
Oh I forgot that!

More graphics from EBI I am hoping for:
*Sprite of Leurik/Eeru (man with black suit).

*All different trees.

*Spider webbings and egg sacks.

*Rowing boat in Aridell and Bordertown.
Lomax
Pledge

Post by Lomax »

IJBall wrote:A way for the Game Editor to use the current games' sprites, but have a way to just change the color of them.
In the olden days we used to call them "hues" I seem to remember. A common trick in many a classic RGP to increase the variation of available mobs/items - and even scenery. I remember chasing a complete kit in a particular "hue" for my UO character, so it would all match. Ahhh yes, those were the days :)

IMO, you can never have too much variation in an RPG, so I'm all for this suggestion - and even better if it's extended to items as well as mobs!

Edit: I just realised I've been a member here for over a year and that this is my first post :o Well, hi everyone! I'm a huge Eschalon fan and cannot wait for Book III to come out!
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

Lomax wrote:A common trick in many a classic RGP to increase the variation of available mobs/items - and even scenery.
This is the one that always got me: http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ln45j1wZCx1qb9k8y.png
Lomax
Pledge

Post by Lomax »

SpottedShroom wrote:This is the one that always got me: http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ln45j1wZCx1qb9k8y.png
Hmmm... what to wear today...?
http://www.grimmwold.com/wiki/images/f/fb/Image001.jpg
Lomax
Pledge

Post by Lomax »

<sidetrack>Actually, UO is a totally mindblowing game. Certainly the only one I've played where you can buy the seeds, a piece of land, plant your cotton, harvest it, spin it into thread, weave the thread into cloth, sew a garmet, mix your own dye, dye it to a specific colour, imbue it with magic, add a makers label, add it to your store's inventory, sell it and two weeks later bump into someone who's wearing it in a dark dungeon in far off lands. It's a good thing that their client is so atrociously crap or I would probably still be playing it!</sidetrack>
Lord_P
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by Lord_P »

SpottedShroom wrote:This is the one that always got me: http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ln45j1wZCx1qb9k8y.png
:o I never realized that one!

Anyway, here is another graphics list:
*Shallow water (EBI. Keep the green water, though)

*Goblin Citadel perimeter wall (can't remember the exact English word...)

*Wine racks

*Stone coffins from Eversleep Cemetery crypt

*Horse statue (but where are the horses??)
Heavy Metal Monk
Apprentice

Post by Heavy Metal Monk »

Lomax wrote:<sidetrack>Actually, UO is a totally mindblowing game. Certainly the only one I've played where you can buy the seeds, a piece of land, plant your cotton, harvest it, spin it into thread, weave the thread into cloth, sew a garmet, mix your own dye, dye it to a specific colour, imbue it with magic, add a makers label, add it to your store's inventory, sell it and two weeks later bump into someone who's wearing it in a dark dungeon in far off lands. It's a good thing that their client is so atrociously crap or I would probably still be playing it!</sidetrack>
There's always free servers that emulate the good old days ;)

But... I didn't say it!
Lord_P
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by Lord_P »

This one is about the item editor and I think it would be really important to have in:

Three boolean properties: Random loot, Sold by merchants and Available. If Random loot is true, the item could be found from containers that have random loot and dropped by enemies that have random loot (like Outlander). Sold by merchants=true would make the item appear in stores with non-fixed sell slots. The last one would make the item availabe, if it's false you will never find the item in game.

This way we wouldn't have to delete old books or other items we want to replace. If you ever regret the decision, just check some boxes.
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

Jedi_Learner wrote:Could we please have the ability to stop the player from camping on chosen maps, like what we have with Quick Travel and the Portal spell.
It seems there already should be a way to do that, the same way that some areas can give you a bad feeling. You should be able to make an entire map that way, but then I'm not sure how that switch works in the current map system.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

Kreador Freeaxe wrote:
Jedi_Learner wrote:Could we please have the ability to stop the player from camping on chosen maps, like what we have with Quick Travel and the Portal spell.
It seems there already should be a way to do that, the same way that some areas can give you a bad feeling. You should be able to make an entire map that way, but then I'm not sure how that switch works in the current map system.
I'm pretty sure that's just implemented as a proximity check to other creatures, hostile or not. I don't recall seeing anything in xolotl's editor that would let you set it in particular areas.
geishaboy
Marshall

Post by geishaboy »

Lord_P wrote:The wishlist posted by geishaboy is WAAAY old and instead of bumping dormant threads I decided to make a new one.
I was almost about to resurrect that thread until I saw this one.

Anyways for the love of cake, make the map/level/game editor open to translation.