Some other game ideas! or save them for Eschalon 4!

Here's where all things related to Book III are being discussed!
timothypfox
Initiate

Some other game ideas! or save them for Eschalon 4!

Post by timothypfox »

Sorry for the brevity of this post - just wanted to get the ideas out quick! My favorite below is a chance for Nexus Distortion (a permanent stat and skill random shuffle) caused by an Orakur artifact accidentally malfunctioning!

------------------------------------------------------------------

New Spells
Shapechange spell (change into a random monster a certain # of turns)

Monster summon Spell or some kind of Raise Dead spell (summon a group to fight for you for a certain # of turns before they blink out or suddenly die)

Warp (would randomly teleport you 10 to 20 game board spaces from your current space according to your spell level and casting level)

New Curse
Turn into a giant toad with limited abilities for a certain # of turns

Pixie --> This pesky nuisance will flutter around you until uncursed causing certain negatives on most of your stats.

Orakur artifact malfunction
Well actually, I guess all magical things use magic / tech from the Orakur's. But, certain ones could have a chance to malfunction. A malfunction could do the usual explosion, but how about a chance to randomly teleport or a nexus distortion (all your character stats will be randomnized, and all your current skills will suddenly be randomnized.) The Nexus Distortion would add a shocking but very interesting twist to game play!
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Re: Some other game ideas! or save them for Eschalon 4!

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

In Book II there is a summon spell. We're hoping it will get some tweaks for Book III, as the summons tended to be most useful only as a quick way to gain experience.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
timothypfox
Initiate

Post by timothypfox »

Thanks for letting me know! I am still working my way through Eschalon 1, although I have a copy of Eschalon II ready to go. Looking forward to Eschalon III!
Ssschah
Council Member

Post by Ssschah »

Not to drown your happiness but there's not going to be an Eschalon book 4...