July Update - Book III

Here's where all things related to Book III are being discussed!
Lord_P
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Re: July Update - Book III

Post by Lord_P »

Unless we are going back to Thaermore...?

Oh, and I'm back. :)
Painted Lady
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Painted Lady »

Lord_P wrote:Unless we are going back to Thaermore...?
My guess, and it's only that, is based on something BW said once when asked about Thaermore. His reply was along the lines of "kind of a little bit." I think that we will probably be in Western Thaermore, but not in the areas we have already seen. Can't wait to find out!
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

Painted Lady wrote:
Lord_P wrote:Unless we are going back to Thaermore...?
My guess, and it's only that, is based on something BW said once when asked about Thaermore. His reply was along the lines of "kind of a little bit." I think that we will probably be in Western Thaermore, but not in the areas we have already seen. Can't wait to find out!
I interpreted that to mean that we're probably going back to the Underground Repository in Book III. (It seems logical - that is just too good a locale, with lots of potential untapped backstory, for it to only show up in Book I...)

While I'd love to go to Western Thaermore, I just don't think it'll show up in Book III (and I can't come up with a storyline reason why we'd go there in Book III...) I think Western Thaermore will have to wait for a fan-designed mod...
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

I so want to go back to the underground repository. That's got to be my favorite location from both Books so far. I'm hoping for more Dimensional Eyes, too.
MyGameCompany
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by MyGameCompany »

I think it would be fun to revisit a few places, and see how they look now after the Taurax juggernaut came through.

+1 for the underground repository!

I'd also love to find out what's on the other side of that gate in Darkford...
Troy
Former indie game developer
Check out my Book III mods: The Mystery of Rockhammer Mine and Expedition into West Mirkland
Morgan Terror
Steward

Post by Morgan Terror »

Maybe you WILL go back to gate in darkford... except on the other side, and it's still bloody closed. :P
mercy
Apprentice

Post by mercy »

Full MODDING support WoohoooOooo!!!

You know what this means? :DDDD Epic Eschalon 3 adventures! Hopefully you developers include a LOAD MOD PACK menu, so we can have Eschalon 3 vanilla world enhanced with the best MODs!
@BasiliskGames WOO!!! Eschalon Book 3 officially modifiable!!! My advice, make it have as many features as possible. I foresee epic mods! :D
mercy
Apprentice

Post by mercy »

Awesome new forum look!

Don't worry, what people are bugging you with regarding new features or if you wanna implement something new.

Consider peoples opinion, but still do largely as you planned.
Rune_74
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by Rune_74 »

So, this is where I ask...any chance you go back to the skill discussions we had after book 1 was released where I cam up with skills that interact with other skills to open up new skills?
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Rune_74 wrote:So, this is where I ask...any chance you go back to the skill discussions we had after book 1 was released where I cam up with skills that interact with other skills to open up new skills?
It's a great idea, with lots of potential, but the more I looked into it the more I realized that the game needs to be built around this to make it work. What I mean is, it would be too destructive to rip out what we have now and build in this new skill system. It's great, and I'd like to talk to you about it for the next game, but it's just too different from our current system to work properly.

Let's get Book III done, and the we can all discuss what we want in the next game engine.
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
Rune_74
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by Rune_74 »

That's cool...I haven't been around as much as I would like. I will tell you I hope that other project is coming along, that one I am really interested in as well.
Rune_74
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by Rune_74 »

Work has been a bit crazy...I may have some time this month. Will see. I was thinking about the very same thing yesterday.
Rune_74
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by Rune_74 »

I have no access to private messages any more it seems....Trying to get a hold of you thomas, we can talk about that interview.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Rune_74 wrote:I have no access to private messages any more it seems....Trying to get a hold of you thomas, we can talk about that interview.
Email me at the address on my profile.

I wonder why you don't have message ability? I know it's working for others. I'll take a look at your account- maybe something got messed up in the forum update.
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

Vroqren wrote: can edit my signature now, but decided to poke around a bit further, see if anything else was wrong.
Is this supposed to be the case?
This has been the case for me for a long time.

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests