Eschalon: Book III Teaser

Here's where all things related to Book III are being discussed!
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Eschalon: Book III Teaser

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

A couple spoilers, so be warned: Book III Teaser
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Re: Eschalon: Book III Teaser

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

Good thing I had tissues handy. I'm drooling now. I want to play. If my eyes aren't mistaken, I swear I saw the Repository and Grimhold in there, so we may be returning to some Book I areas? Or maybe those were just places that LOOKED similar. Argh. Too long to wait to find out. ;-)
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

Spoilers: Paused at 52 seconds, Lilith is definitely back. ANd I thought I killed her...

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
Painted Lady
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Painted Lady »

I don't want to watch the trailer because I don't like spoilers. But it is KILLING me not to peek!
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Prismatic Maelstrom wrote:Majestic, children and jagged. :wink:
Heh, yeah, missed those. Almost all of this video was made from pre-alpha clips, so there are a lot of little errors in there. Some notable new stuff that wasn't shown (except the last clip- Fused Powder Keg).
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
munster
Senior Steward

Post by munster »

I'm excited, I'm thrilled, I'm intrigued, I'm impatient - I want to play! Now! :D

So-and-So is back? How? Didn't we kill (them) already?

New monsters!

Old monsters! (I can see I'm going to have more fun experiences with those slimes).

More Dwarves! (I hope I don't have to kill my way through them this time).

I'm on the edge of my seat here longing and hoping for a release date at least before the end of the year - excellent work, Basilisk Wrangler!
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

BasiliskWrangler wrote:A couple spoilers, so be warned: Book III Teaser
Definitely some cool stuff in there. There was one definite spoiler, but I'm glad I know because I was just hoping that particular spoiler would happen, right here on the forum within the last month or so!... ;) I also was really glad to see the "seated patron" in the one "inn" scene - hope there are plenty more of those dotted around Book III as well.

Beyond that, not many views of NPCs in the town there, so hard to make out what's going on in that particular town. Some new (very unusual) beasties! (though some old faves like the "Fungus/Slime/Mold" mobs are definitely back...). But the teaser resolution was too low to make out what most of those "Active Effects" were, so I am stumped there. And there was additional confirmation about that ship in the earlier screenshot (no surprise there, though, either as most of us predicted that particular spoiler...).

I can't wait to get a look at these "Giant Clams" though... :mrgreen:

Good stuff - looking forward to it! :)
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

Just watched frame by frame in 720p. Almost as good as screenshots! Some cool stuff I noticed:

Giant clams! What an awesome enemy concept. Although - I don't imagine them chasing you around. Maybe something like the sentinel stalks from Book II? I also love the speed attribute check you need to reach into their shells without getting your hand caught.

In the fight against the Akadai Fishgutters, the PC is "off balance for one round." Sounds like an interesting new effect.

The animations for the blue nidaria are gorgeous! They're so pretty it'll be a shame to have to kill them.

It looks like the lowly slime will appear in all three books. Any bets on other monsters making the three-fer? I guess the other candidates would be outlanders/thugs, salamanders, tauraxes, giant spiders, drowned/walking corpses, and skeletons.

The character has an odd purple apple in inventory in a few clips. I wonder what that's about?

It also looks like there will be a big nautical theme in this book. I'm pretty excited about that since it's a bit of change of pace.
MyGameCompany
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by MyGameCompany »

Exciting stuff, BW! Thanks for a first look at the game! I like the settings and the new monsters and everything! And the music was AWESOME! Can't wait to play!
Troy
Former indie game developer
Check out my Book III mods: The Mystery of Rockhammer Mine and Expedition into West Mirkland
deathknight1728
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by deathknight1728 »

I like that you are really tying up all the loose ends of people from book 2 and 1. I was cracking up at a few of them in reappearances in book 2.
"As long as 60% of the things you do are good, it doesnt matter what the 40% is."-PQ

His face turns a twisted grin. Its a little disturbing. "Vicious vermin, I'd like to strangle every one of them."-Captain Johnson, Avernum
MyGameCompany
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by MyGameCompany »

By the way, I love the clouds floating overhead in that one shot. Nice touch!
Troy
Former indie game developer
Check out my Book III mods: The Mystery of Rockhammer Mine and Expedition into West Mirkland
mercy
Apprentice

Post by mercy »

Nice graphics, slick looking new tiles and content. Had a good laugh at those goofy monster names, haha! :D
ManusDei
Council Member

Post by ManusDei »

Painted Lady wrote:I don't want to watch the trailer because I don't like spoilers. But it is KILLING me not to peek!
If you don't try to read the in-game text there is no spoil (you played book 1 and 2, right ?).
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

Prismatic Maelstrom wrote:I've been thinking about Moonrise and the underground section we see in the teaser. It appears to be another repository, similar to the one in Blackwater. Did they relocate after Thaermore fell or is not the same group?

Perhaps the Barrean Warlord who holds the Crux of Wisdom has locked it away in this repository after hearing of what happened in Hammerlorne Mine? Maybe XXXXXX will help get you inside but how would XXXXXX know of your quest?
Perhaps XXXXXX is also part of Crius Vindica? XXXXXX did know exactly what you needed help with previously.

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
Lord_P
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by Lord_P »

Damn it! I'm currently on a public computer so I can't watch it, the wait is killing me! :lol: