Book III Update

Here's where all things related to Book III are being discussed!
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Book III Update

Post by SpottedShroom »

See here: http://basiliskgames.com/a-quick-book-iii-update

Alpha 1 testing is done, and we're getting a semi-public beta!

And if you need any more alpha testers, BW, I imagine you just have to ask.
IJBall
Major
Major

Re: Book III Update

Post by IJBall »

SpottedShroom wrote:See here: http://basiliskgames.com/a-quick-book-iii-update

Alpha 1 testing is done, and we're getting a semi-public beta!

And if you need any more alpha testers, BW, I imagine you just have to ask.
Thanks for the head's up, SS.

I admit – now that the new format of these forum lacks the button at the top to link back to the BG Home Page, I don't check the Home Page as often as I used to. So thanks for the notice... :)
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

SpottedShroom wrote:And if you need any more alpha testers, BW, I imagine you just have to ask.
Actually, I do. I'll be posting something on this in early October.
IJBall wrote:I admit – now that the new format of these forum lacks the button at the top to link back to the BG Home Page, I don't check the Home Page as often as I used to. So thanks for the notice... :)
I miss that too. I'll need to peek at the code and see if I can change that logo link to go to the home page.
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

IJBall wrote:I admit – now that the new format of these forum lacks the button at the top to link back to the BG Home Page, I don't check the Home Page as often as I used to. So thanks for the notice... :)
I miss that too. I'll need to peek at the code and see if I can change that logo link to go to the home page.[/quote]
I think I'll just change my bookmark from the forum index to the Basilisk Games home page. One more click to get to the forum but I'll always see if there's something new on the home page. :)
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Painted Lady
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Painted Lady »

Prismatic Maelstrom wrote:Looks like now is the time to replay Book I and II before the final game comes out. This recent topic has inspired me to attempt a character who focusses on thrown weapons. Should be fun, or frustrating... :P
Let us know if can pull off a successful run through with thrown weapons. I was able to kind of make it work up to the point of entering Talushorn. Then, the weight of the weapons I had and the lack of availaablity of high-powered weapons did me in. I was able to finish the game, but only by using lots of Invisiblity Potions. Also, if you can - please post your statistics so we can see how you did it.
deathknight1728
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by deathknight1728 »

Prismatic Maelstrom wrote:Will do.

I should start playing Book I tonight. Can't decide if I should play with my mod or not. :?
Well seeing as I haven't used it yet, I will play with your mod :mrgreen:

Im trying to seriously find an even more challenging fighter build that I haven't used yet. I'm never even close to running out though as there are always something to use.
"As long as 60% of the things you do are good, it doesnt matter what the 40% is."-PQ

His face turns a twisted grin. Its a little disturbing. "Vicious vermin, I'd like to strangle every one of them."-Captain Johnson, Avernum
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Prismatic Maelstrom wrote:I played Book I for a couple of hours last night and I'm not particularly impressed. Farwick always stocks 320 arrows and never has more than 23 thrown weapons. Money or weight isn't the problem I'm having with thrown weapons but availability. I could camp out a week so the stock is fresh but this isn't how one should play the game.

Think I'll just stop playing with this character. This isn't my idea of fun.
My first character in Book I, before I understood the game mechanics, used thrown weapons but only as a softener while enemies were getting close enough to be chopped up with his axe. As the sole weapon, not so much. You may want to try it in Book II and see if it works any better. There is a broader range of thrown weapons.
---

Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

I noticed that Book 1 had a limited supply of thrown weapons. Book 2 had more since it was supposed to be a viable attack strategy.

Also the recommendation was to use alchemy to make demon oil and throw that.
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Okay, so just some rocks to start out with, but...
---

Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

I've always been lucky finding rocks in drops. But then, I wasn't looking for them. ;-) Starting out you're right. Thrown weapons are really difficult.
---

Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

So I take it you're suffering some minor frustrations with the thrown weapon character. ;-)
---

Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

Time and a ton of patience will get them. I suggest foraging along the Port Kuudad docks while you wait. :)
Painted Lady
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Painted Lady »

Wait until you accidentally use your special feature at the wrong time and waste all of your weapons at once..........
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

Painted Lady wrote:Wait until you accidentally use your special feature at the wrong time and waste all of your weapons at once..........
I did that once. The difference being I was using Demon Oil at the time. It was quite spectacular, and I ended up doing it intentionally from that point out.

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests