Some thoughs

Here's where all things related to Book III are being discussed!
Emelio Lizardo
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Some thoughs

Post by Emelio Lizardo »

I've found that playing around in the world is much more interesting that completing the story tasks. In this regard the narrative should probably be de-emphasized in relation to developing a capacity for the world to regenerate challenges.

Rather than wandering about, the player may wish to establish a home and store his trophies there. In time to control a map.

i.e, there needn't be an end point to the game.

The player's 'home' experience could be quite different depending upon where he chooses to settle. At the very least though he needs the ability to purchase or claim an abode and furnish it.

It means that many more objects on the map need to be manipulable and destructible.
Lord_P
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Re: Some thoughs

Post by Lord_P »

It's hard to have an open ended game when you're finishing a trilogy...
Evnissyen
Captain
Captain

Re: Some thoughs

Post by Evnissyen »

Emelio Lizardo wrote:Rather than wandering about, the player may wish to establish a home and store his trophies there.
Or arrange our trophies in someone else's home, without their permission or anything. Yes? Yes? :o

Personally, I like linear games, so I'd be happy to see a tight narrative in Book 3, though I definitely don't expect it. Whatever it ends up being is cool with me. I like to roam, too, when the world is interesting.
Certainty: a character-driven, literary, turn-based mini-CRPG in which Vasek, legendary "Wandering Philosopher", seeks certainties in a cryptically insular, organic, critically layered city.