Questions, already...

Here's where all things related to Book III are being discussed!
Stardragon
Initiate

Re: Questions, already...

Post by Stardragon »

On powder kegs again, and one specifically
[+] SPOILER
(blowing up the keg in the witch's lair)
. I've made this attempt 10 times now, and always unsuccessfully. There's a sound effect that suggests something is happening, but nothing does
[+] SPOILER
: the lever doesn't move and the gate doesn't open

I'm going to hack my way around this one, but honestly I'm disappointed I have to.
jwrickert
Apprentice

Tiny Island off Goblin Castle.

Post by jwrickert »

- Any idea how to get onto the tiny Island just off the Goblin Castle?

Thanks!!
Last edited by jwrickert on February 20th, 2014, 10:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

Stardragon wrote:On powder kegs again, and one specifically
[+] SPOILER
. I've made this attempt 10 times now, and always unsuccessfully. There's a sound effect that suggests something is happening, but nothing does
[+] SPOILER
I'm going to hack my way around this one, but honestly I'm disappointed I have to.
If I understand correctly, and we're talking about the same gate (next to the stairs?) then that gate is not supposed to open.
[+] SPOILER
Go up the stairs, and fight the Niadras. By Ulgolek there is a trapdoor, and that leads to behind the gate.
jwrickert wrote:Can't find where the dungeon entrance is on the Island. Been over it about 6 times.
Help??
Also, any idea how to get onto the tiny Island just off the Goblin Castle?
Thanks!!
By island, I assume you mean Mirkland? If so:
[+] SPOILER
You need to either fight, or peacefully negotiate with the King first. Then, with the gland that you get, go to the weird tree looking thing.
Assuming we're talking about the same island just off the goblin castle (with Powder kegs), there is no way onto it.
[+] SPOILER
The kegs are there to be blown up and used to destroy a small hole in the wall.

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
severian
Senior Steward

Re: Dungeons

Post by severian »

jwrickert wrote: Also, any idea how to get onto the tiny Island just off the Goblin Castle?
The Castle, not the shabby wooden fort ?

It`s an air shaft, I suppose. Saw that tree growing in the dungeon, but why build an airshaft so far from the shore for that ? Whims of the rich, I guess. :P
Stardragon
Initiate

Post by Stardragon »

Vroqren wrote:
Stardragon wrote:On powder kegs again, and one specifically
[+] SPOILER
[+] SPOILER
If I understand correctly, and we're talking about the same gate (next to the stairs?) then that gate is not supposed to open.
[+] SPOILER
Go up the stairs, and fight the Niadras. By Ulgolek there is a trapdoor, and that leads to behind the gate.
Actually, no. I'm talking about the one at the entrance to the lair.
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Dungeons

Post by Vroqren »

severian wrote:
jwrickert wrote: Also, any idea how to get onto the tiny Island just off the Goblin Castle?
The Castle, not the shabby wooden fort ?

It`s an air shaft, I suppose. Saw that tree growing in the dungeon, but why build an airshaft so far from the shore for that ? Whims of the rich, I guess. :P
In that case, this guy nailed it. There's nothing on it anyway.

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests