Bugs/Errors/Exploits/Typos/Glitches (possible spoilers)

Here's where all things related to Book III are being discussed!
KillingMoon
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Re: Bugs/Errors/Exploits/Typos/Glitches (possible spoilers)

Post by KillingMoon »

Rings of Lightfingers stack - I've seen a couple of merchants who sold them stacked and then you can wear them stacked as well.
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

clivegshep wrote:As soon as I walked into the blacksmith in Old Moonrise he attacked me. I gave him no cause to do so that I know of. He is dead now. Hope I haven't broken the game. At the very least I've lost a merchant.
NPCs can evidently see farther in Book III than in Book II. He probably saw you getting up to no good all the way on the other side of the map. Killing him won't break the game, but you miss out on one side quest, some weapons training, and the second highest-end weapon merchant in the game.
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

My favorite exploit so far is using Supernova in the Wizardtorium to flip all the "Improve Thy Self" switches.
KillingMoon
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by KillingMoon »

True Healer challenge and Final Battle
Not a big spoiler, but playing safe, I'll use spoiler tags:
[+] SPOILER
Just before the final battle I was still fine for the True Healer challenge, after that battle it was lost.
Is the True Healer challenge doable at all? Loss of life seems inevitable in that final battle, I think that should probably not fail the challenge.
Pholostan
Initiate

Post by Pholostan »

SpottedShroom wrote:NPCs can evidently see farther in Book III than in Book II. He probably saw you getting up to no good all the way on the other side of the map. Killing him won't break the game, but you miss out on one side quest, some weapons training, and the second highest-end weapon merchant in the game.
Is looking in barrels a bad thing? The town guards didn't seem to mind. I had the same thing happen, the smith was hostile when I got to him. Reloaded a save, and he was friendly again. The same thing happened with Lillith, she was hostile when I got to her. Very hard fight at low level, we all pray to the almighty God of KABOOM!
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

Pholostan wrote: Is looking in barrels a bad thing? The town guards didn't seem to mind. I had the same thing happen, the smith was hostile when I got to him. Reloaded a save, and he was friendly again. The same thing happened with Lillith, she was hostile when I got to her. Very hard fight at low level, we all pray to the almighty God of KABOOM!
No, looting barrels is not a crime. I know there were problems with Lilith going hostile during testing and BW had to tweak the code for some of the giant clams near her. Maybe he missed a clam or chest or something.
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

Lilith wanders around and sometimes sees you loot the secret area chest.

The green ceramic jar behind the Moonrise church can cause you problems. I got nailed there by Nickolas.
helivoy
Steward

Post by helivoy »

A good way to safeguard against this is to save just before looting. If you see a note in red saying "X witnessed you commit a crime" while looting, reload the save.
For I come from an ardent race
That has subsisted on defiance and visions.
-------------------------------------
Starship Reckless
To Seek Out New Life
The Other Half of the Sky
Farwalker
Officer [Silver Rank]
Officer [Silver Rank]

Post by Farwalker »

The in-game description for Endurance should be updated - it still says it helps with all resistances (it's apparently only Toxins and Disease now).

The description in the player manual is fine.
Ssschah
Council Member

Post by Ssschah »

SpottedShroom wrote:My favorite exploit so far is using Supernova in the Wizardtorium to flip all the "Improve Thy Self" switches.
That's OP!
Farwalker
Officer [Silver Rank]
Officer [Silver Rank]

Post by Farwalker »

Anyone else notice the random number generator seems to get "stuck" for longer runs of the same thing in a row than you'd expect?

I've seen it in combat (both good and bad), lockbicking and maybe item stocking (Five copies of the same training book? Really? Must have been on special discount or something...)
Farwalker
Officer [Silver Rank]
Officer [Silver Rank]

Post by Farwalker »

KillingMoon wrote:Rings of Lightfingers stack - I've seen a couple of merchants who sold them stacked and then you can wear them stacked as well.
This I gotta try! 8)
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

Ssschah wrote:
SpottedShroom wrote:My favorite exploit so far is using Supernova in the Wizardtorium to flip all the "Improve Thy Self" switches.
That's OP!
Thanks for pointing that out again Ssschah - I hadn't even noticed (or fully comprehended) Spotted Shroom's post earlier because of the hundreds of posts I was viewing every day.
That's awesome, exploitive, evil, and hilarious Spotted Shroom. Congratulations for figuring that one out.

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
JadowRules
Pledge

Post by JadowRules »

Rockhammer Mine

Just noticed that the one of the early quests to clear out the roaches in Rockhammer mine is bugged for me. I can turn in the quest over and over for the 100 gold reward (no extra xp).

I found this when trying to unlock the 2nd level of the mine and it is the only real difference between my game and my roommates game on his copy. He can't turn his in like I can and he has access to the 2nd level of the mine.

Sorry for the long winded post.
Farwalker
Officer [Silver Rank]
Officer [Silver Rank]

Post by Farwalker »

Farwalker wrote:
KillingMoon wrote:Rings of Lightfingers stack - I've seen a couple of merchants who sold them stacked and then you can wear them stacked as well.
This I gotta try! 8)
Awww, the benefits didn't stack. But hey, I can walk around with more bling now!