Bugs/Errors/Exploits/Typos/Glitches (possible spoilers)

Here's where all things related to Book III are being discussed!
Farwalker
Officer [Silver Rank]
Officer [Silver Rank]

Re: Bugs/Errors/Exploits/Typos/Glitches (possible spoilers)

Post by Farwalker »

If you put a Powder Keg down on the star at 22,144 in Rockhammer, the Powder Keg disappears and is lost.

Yeah, well I just randomly put Powder Kegs down here and there. You know how it is on a slow day.

Ok fine, it didn't work anyway... :wink:
Farwalker
Officer [Silver Rank]
Officer [Silver Rank]

Post by Farwalker »

Dehydration stops processing but I guess the counter doesn't actually stop when eating from the clam chowder pot.

This turns into an unpleasant surprise if a player was dehydrated when they started eating, and then clicked like crazy to fill up on all that yummy goodness... When they walk away and the dehydration finally triggers one last time it can be a doozy. I got hit for 50 damage.

Might work the same for starvation.
Farwalker
Officer [Silver Rank]
Officer [Silver Rank]

Post by Farwalker »

I've discovered really long load times (up to a minute and a half so far) on my latest Skelly Farm.

I have this wild guess that the many many failed skeleton summons are still being tracked somehow, and are bloating the file.

Probably not something that would be too noticeable in more *cough* conventional play. :D
Farwalker
Officer [Silver Rank]
Officer [Silver Rank]

Post by Farwalker »

Vroqren wrote:
Ssschah wrote:
SpottedShroom wrote:My favorite exploit so far is using Supernova in the Wizardtorium to flip all the "Improve Thy Self" switches.
That's OP!
Thanks for pointing that out again Ssschah - I hadn't even noticed (or fully comprehended) Spotted Shroom's post earlier because of the hundreds of posts I was viewing every day.
That's awesome, exploitive, evil, and hilarious Spotted Shroom. Congratulations for figuring that one out.
Way cool!

Took me a while to get into this place, my spell capabilities are really low. I managed this a different way, using Powder Kegs.
Spotted Shroom's approach is better, he should be able to take one of the chests and still flip the four improve switches.
kentable
Pledge

Post by kentable »

Just two typos I found so far upon browsing my current spell list.

Reveal map: there is a tense incongruity in the first sentence. Dropping "is" from the sentence corrects the error.

Malachi's Gruel: Should be changed to "bears his name".
helivoy
Steward

Post by helivoy »

Going back to secret areas, I think I still haven't discovered the second one in Ormentor (#15). I found the chest (#14). The illusionary walls in the maze don't count as a secret area, I think (I'm revisiting the region and have forgotten if they do). Could anyone supply description and/or coordinates of the 2nd Ormentor secret area? That would make the last one for me! Many thanks in advance.
For I come from an ardent race
That has subsisted on defiance and visions.
-------------------------------------
Starship Reckless
To Seek Out New Life
The Other Half of the Sky
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

helivoy wrote:Going back to secret areas, I think I still haven't discovered the second one in Ormentor (#15). I found the chest (#14). The illusionary walls in the maze don't count as a secret area, I think (I'm revisiting the region and have forgotten if they do). Could anyone supply description and/or coordinates of the 2nd Ormentor secret area? That would make the last one for me! Many thanks in advance.
Go west once you are through an illusionary wall until you get a message.
helivoy
Steward

Post by helivoy »

That was diabolical!!

Thanks a lot.
For I come from an ardent race
That has subsisted on defiance and visions.
-------------------------------------
Starship Reckless
To Seek Out New Life
The Other Half of the Sky
Jaymann
Apprentice

Post by Jaymann »

KillingMoon wrote:Rings of Lightfingers stack - I've seen a couple of merchants who sold them stacked and then you can wear them stacked as well.
I did that, but it only raised my skill 2, not 4.
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

If you do the kill Akadia Kingspwan fight and start 4 tiles away, the dreadtrolls may not get released.
severian
Senior Steward

Post by severian »

a really illogical bug:

normally it`s easy to damage gates by placing powder kegs and closing gate upon them - they explode and destroy the gates

however

with fused kegs - after locking gates - the keg just disappears, continues it`s countdown, and fails to destroy the gate.

shouldn`t it just behave like a normal keg ?
Darth
Pledge

Post by Darth »

Camping, respawning creatures abd change zone. Best used in very open areas. This may be conssidered an exploit for fast and easy xp.

For instance, in the goblin camp, if you rest you can spawn 3-4 goblins, who are tough to beat at early levels, unless you play with a ranged char (wiz/ranger). Kill one, change zone and rest. Kill one, change zone and rest. 400xp per kill and you repeat this until you get tired or bored.

IMO creatures should be able to pursue you thru zones, bit unrealistic that they won't follow you if you change zones.
Palog
Marshall

Post by Palog »

Or make 11 pack of 1 pearl each, then you are probably sure to use the exploit. :-) But well as there's some easy exploits for infinite gold, not sure it worth the hassle if you want exploit!

The Rockhammer Mine exploit didn't work for me, not that I tried but I talked later to the guy and never got again the option.
ManusDei
Council Member

Post by ManusDei »

In the Sea Warden underground, I found a blueish lever I can't use.
I tried to hit it with my weapon.
I saw the message "script error" in the log.
rikus
Initiate

Post by rikus »

I hope you guys won't kill me, because this bug can give you infinite money.
Which might have ruined my game, so I'm using it only once.
Here it is you slackers:
When you kill the scorpions at rock hammer mine, you can get the 300gols from the dwarf there(forgot his name) every time you start the dialogue.