Bugs/Errors/Exploits/Typos/Glitches (possible spoilers)

Here's where all things related to Book III are being discussed!
Ssschah
Council Member

Bugs/Errors/Exploits/Typos/Glitches (possible spoilers)

Post by Ssschah »

I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread for all of these things. I only found a few in my first playthrough.

1. The "Deadly Skills Permit" exploit. You could clear out Seawarden's Guild, tell the blacksmith in Old Moonrise and receive a Deadly Skills Permit with value 500. You could keep getting more and more and sell it to any tavern/miscellaneous merchant. (why does it have any value in the first place?)
2. A few typos (that I can't remember the location of) such as "Escahlon".
3. Ulgolek unrestoring itself.
Please add on to this list!
Last edited by Ssschah on February 17th, 2014, 10:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
okashii
Senior Steward

Re: Bugs/Errors/Exploits/Typos (possible spoilers)

Post by okashii »

I have encountered a bug, luckily it happened very rarely, where I couldn't transit from one screen to another, my character just stopped at the edge of the screen as if there was an invisible barrier.

Quick travel and trying again fixed the problem since the game had to load the location again fixed it for me, I imagine saving the game and then loading it in the same location should work as well.
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

One typo I have found was with Lucky the gambler in Old Moonrise. You get the opportunity to say something like there't or something like that with an apostrophe 't' where there is supposed to be an 's'.

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
KillingMoon
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by KillingMoon »

okashii wrote:I have encountered a bug, luckily it happened very rarely, where I couldn't transit from one screen to another, my character just stopped at the edge of the screen as if there was an invisible barrier.

Quick travel and trying again fixed the problem since the game had to load the location again fixed it for me, I imagine saving the game and then loading it in the same location should work as well.
Yes. it's a known bug, but hard to squash. The cause is very likely a hostile creature somewhere on the map edge of the map you're trying to leave. In Book III it's mostly the Boglands map that has the problem. If all the Salted Funguses are dead, the problem's gone. The Mirkland map can have it as well.

Save and reload is the remedy, for lack of better.
Arkos
Council Member

Post by Arkos »

I found something interesting.

There's a quest early on to obtain 10 pearls. I found 11, so returned to the quest giver. But I was afraid she would take all 11 pearls when I turned in the quest, so I deliberately separated one pearl from the rest.

Strangely, when I turned in the quest, she only took the single pearl--leaving the other 10 alone. I sold them all normally and made quite a bit of gold.
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

Arkos wrote:I found something interesting.

There's a quest early on to obtain 10 pearls. I found 11, so returned to the quest giver. But I was afraid she would take all 11 pearls when I turned in the quest, so I deliberately separated one pearl from the rest.

Strangely, when I turned in the quest, she only took the single pearl--leaving the other 10 alone. I sold them all normally and made quite a bit of gold.
Saw this exact same bug earlier today - had a 10/1 pearls split, and the gems lady just took the 1 pearl, leaving the other 10 in my inventory.

Also: I am definitely still seeing the "keys sticking" issue, and it's becoming quite annoying in places - Save Game titles are often very hard to type, I sometimes have to hit "Return" multiple times to close dialogue windows, the 'Game Menu' is still popping up when I hit ESC from most 'camping' sessions, etc. I dunno if this issue is something we only see with Mac OS 10.6.8 (no one else seems to ever mention it, aside from maybe Randomizer...), or not...

Also, I know I saw a typo somewhere, but I didn't write it down so I've already forgotten it... :oops: :(
Evnissyen
Captain
Captain

Post by Evnissyen »

Arkos: I think I like that bug. I'm gonna try it. :D

(Though I told myself, when starting, I'd try to accept bad occurrences and not reload... I haven't been 100% successful in that endeavor, but at least I'm making a try?)
Certainty: a character-driven, literary, turn-based mini-CRPG in which Vasek, legendary "Wandering Philosopher", seeks certainties in a cryptically insular, organic, critically layered city.
Farwalker
Officer [Silver Rank]
Officer [Silver Rank]

Post by Farwalker »

She does take all 11 if you leave them in a stack, or at least she did for me.

Then I tried the same thing, pulled one pearl from the stack. Except in my case she took the stack of 10 and left me the extra pearl.
Farwalker
Officer [Silver Rank]
Officer [Silver Rank]

Post by Farwalker »

okashii wrote:I have encountered a bug, luckily it happened very rarely, where I couldn't transit from one screen to another, my character just stopped at the edge of the screen as if there was an invisible barrier.

I had it happen when trying to run through the forest to Moonrise. Hit the west edge with a pack of mist wolves on my tail and stopped dead. Well, the dead part was a few turns after, but you get the idea.

I was holding down the mouse to direct continuous movement (not using the movement lock feature). When I redid the run (again with a pack on my tail), I just took it easy near the edge, clicking one move at a time. That time it worked fine.
Farwalker
Officer [Silver Rank]
Officer [Silver Rank]

Post by Farwalker »

There's a bug when viewing maps. If you click on the displayed map (for example the Map of Wylderan) it will click the user interface under the map as if the map wasn't there. (Like the map's on top and you're clicking through it.)

Windows version on Vista.
hrbrmstr
Pledge

Post by hrbrmstr »

Serious Akadi-related spoiler and quandary (I'm stuck) below:
[+] SPOILER
I retrieved the gland from the Akadi king (going the "another way" path) and went to the Akadi underworld and retrieved the second crux but the underworld tree isn't letting me back up. Is there anything else I need to have? It's impossible to proceed and the whole underworld level is cleared.
Running on Mac OS X 10.9
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

To leave the Underground:
[+] SPOILER
You need a fetid grubb tumor. Look for one of the 3 bags dropped when you kill a fetid grubb.
wolf
Apprentice

Post by wolf »

For some reason the Blacksmith trick doesn't work for me? did they fix it so quickly?
clivegshep
Initiate

Re: Bugs/Errors/Exploits/Typos/Glitches (possible spoilers)

Post by clivegshep »

As soon as I walked into the blacksmith in Old Moonrise he attacked me. I gave him no cause to do so that I know of. He is dead now. Hope I haven't broken the game. At the very least I've lost a merchant.
Leezar
Marshall

Post by Leezar »

Farwalker wrote:

She does take all 11 if you leave them in a stack, or at least she did for me.

Then I tried the same thing, pulled one pearl from the stack. Except in my case she took the stack of 10 and left me the extra pearl.
Maybe the game reads from up to down, left to right? Try it again, but put the stack of 1 pearl left of the 10 pearl stack.
Roughly at the same time I penetrate your betrothed, you will be penetrated by this sharpened pole