General Thoughts on Book III, So Far (some SPOILERS)

Here's where all things related to Book III are being discussed!
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Re: General Thoughts on Book III, So Far (some SPOILERS)

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

Oddly enough, my happiest moment in the game (I've completed one play through but still had areas unexplored because I couldn't get to the second level of the mine and I hadn't realized I was at the end when I hit the end sequence) was meeting up with good old Captain Morgan again, enjoying his rum. He and Erubor are the only two characters I can think of who are in each book (Lilith is in I and III, but not II).
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

There are slimes in each book, do they count as a character? No...?

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

And Taurax, too!
kelticpete
Council Member

Post by kelticpete »

I think my favorite thing about 3 was the secret areas.

my least favorite thing was buying up alchemy and only finding one auricflax in whole game.

in 2 It was really really fun to craft weapons and armor. I loved it. in this game I only got to upgrade one bow and then found a better one.

in 2, I think I changed or upgraded armor countless times.

in 3, I spent all my money on leveling stats. I had done 80% of game and had like 10k. the way I made my fortune was I figured out what potions to make to sell, and I beat luck with 40kl and doubled my funds.

anyway, I really really loved the beginning of this game. and the ending was good. but the middle where you should be getting cool loot, getting good alchemy stuff, etc. it was basically not there.
Pax,

Pete

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
This is the Great Pink Vorpal Bunny. Copy and paste Pink Vorpal Bunny on your signature to help gain Pink Vorpal Bunny gain world domination!
kelticpete
Council Member

Post by kelticpete »

yeah, on that true healer thing, ]Randomizer , thank you for the suggestion. I will never get it. :)

I did my "massive challenge playthrough" and if i had not rewrote save where I killed edgar (friendly pc) I would go back from that point. But I don't want to replay journeymaster/immaculate/etc.

I got 8 challenges out of 13. I am good.

:)
Pax,

Pete

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
This is the Great Pink Vorpal Bunny. Copy and paste Pink Vorpal Bunny on your signature to help gain Pink Vorpal Bunny gain world domination!
kelticpete
Council Member

Post by kelticpete »

KillingMoon wrote:I believe in general additional skills are less worthwhile in Book III, but definitely Alchemy has suffered.
The game is shorter and the Alchemy trainer isn't easily accessible, so your chance to develop Alchemy is less.
There are also no dwarven ghosts who drop Ectoplasm, while that is a crucial component for imbuing armour. Also merchants have limited supplies.

I never camp, so I can't speak from experience, but I believe it was a bit easier to get reagents from camping in Book II. I don't know how high your Foraging skill in Book III needs to be to get a good chance of useful reagents, I only know that the quality doesn't improve anymore above level 25 (only frequency of finding it still improves), but in normal play you won't get both Alchemy and Foraging in the 20's. The game should perhaps have been some 50% longer for that.
I agree that the game is shorter, but the alchemy trainer is very accessible. she is one screen away from rockhammer. and very near a quick travel point. and her quest is pretty easy. yes, she is not in a town, but actually the walk to gilda is shorter and easier than the walk to most alchemy sellers like the one in port kuuadad

my forage was up to 23 with 2 rings on and that was barely enought to find enough food. I could not really rest long to repair stuff with my low repair because it made me hungry. at 23 especially in later game areas I started finding good reagents but not the best ones.
Pax,

Pete

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
jon_snow
Initiate

Post by jon_snow »

I should not be reading this thread cause I have not finished game but i searched for alchemy stuff and found what I needed was auricflax. there sure is not a lot of it :(