Where is the Akaidian Underground?

Here's where all things related to Book III are being discussed!
Jaymann
Apprentice

Where is the Akaidian Underground?

Post by Jaymann »

It seems I have cleared the whole map but I have not seen this.
munster
Senior Steward

Re: Where is the Akaidian Underground?

Post by munster »

[+] SPOILER
You need to keep going until you meet the Akaidian King and resolve the quest for his head peacefully. He will give you something to permit you to get into the Underground.
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

munster wrote:
[+] SPOILER
resolve the quest for his head peacefully
Yeah, like that was going to happen.
Jaymann
Apprentice

Post by Jaymann »

SpottedShroom wrote:
munster wrote:
[+] SPOILER
resolve the quest for his head peacefully
Yeah, like that was going to happen.
LOL. Yeah, I figured that out AFTER. I did save before that, but doubtful I will go back.
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

I did the peaceful way since it is slightly less weight to lug around. Then I had to go and fetch 2 powder kegs to gain the loot and secret area that you miss by being peaceful. It really makes one want to kill something. :)
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

[+] SPOILER
I killed the Akadai, left the head, then went and killed Alundar, too. Erubor greatly underestimates my capacity to kill things.
munster
Senior Steward

Post by munster »

Hey! Some of us do not regard NPCs as merely XP and Loot on Legs! :lol:

After my existential crisis of conscience while slaughtering my way through the Dwarves in Hammerlorne Mine back in Book II, I try to keep the mayhem and bloodshed down to a reasonable level.

But if people want to play their way through as merry homicidal maniacs, that's their axiom and their choice :D
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

munster wrote: After my existential crisis of conscience while slaughtering my way through the Dwarves in Hammerlorne Mine back in Book II, I try to keep the mayhem and bloodshed down to a reasonable level.
The dwarves I felt bad about, but a camp full of mercenaries following a megalomaniacal warlord? There are some subtle moral choices in Book III, but I don't think this is one of them.
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

Haha - peaceful negotiations with the King of Akadia. Or Alundar... I completely agree with Spotted Shroom here.
[+] SPOILER
Though, when I killed the King of Akadia, he dropped something that gave me access to those two chests, I didn't have to go back and block the pine walls up.
Basilisk Wrangler wrote:Here's the thing- with a game that allows you to do almost anything, we have to settle on a definitive set of circumstances to build the sequels from. In Book III, it is assumed that you weren't an evil jerk and didn't kill Lilith- simple as that.
It's a good thing there isn't another book after this, as there would be no citizens left anywhere in all of Eschalon except Barrea and Fandugan, the two charted places that we haven't gone.

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
munster
Senior Steward

Post by munster »

If it's a choice between the Akaidian King and Alundar, then yeah - the evil warlord who likes adorning his camp with heads on stakes is the guy I'm going to either lie through my teeth to or attack :)

You don't have to knock off the Kingspawn to access the hidden area: on my return run-through, I couldn't get through it so I attacked the King; that was enough to trigger the opening (without killing him) and a potion of invisibility later, I had the loot, escaped with my skin intact, and nobody got slaughtered :wink:
CynVicious
Initiate

Post by CynVicious »

Ok, so where is it exactly? Would someone please give me coordinates ? I have the gland from the king, but I think I quick traveled away because I did not feel ready for the quest at the time. I have been wandering around Mirkland in the dark and rain and am miserable. :cry:
raverdave2k
Senior Council Member

Post by raverdave2k »

CynVicious wrote:Ok, so where is it exactly? Would someone please give me coordinates ? I have the gland from the king, but I think I quick traveled away because I did not feel ready for the quest at the time. I have been wandering around Mirkland in the dark and rain and am miserable. :cry:
[+] SPOILER
It's on the same map as the Mirkland QT marker at 11,117
My modifications for Eschalon Book I: RaverDave's Book I Mod
My modifications for Eschalon Book II: Port Kuudad Tower - Now Open, Treasure Of The Orakur

All previous versions avaliable here
kelticpete
Council Member

Post by kelticpete »

it never occurred to me to kill the akadai king. He talked to me, and offered me a CRUX. I am not roleplaying a pyschopath.

as for the weight of the head (an the cruxes) I went to character editor and made head weight 2 lbs and the cruxes weight .2 lbs.
Pax,

Pete

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
This is the Great Pink Vorpal Bunny. Copy and paste Pink Vorpal Bunny on your signature to help gain Pink Vorpal Bunny gain world domination!
mbrowne
Steward

Post by mbrowne »

kelticpete wrote:it never occurred to me to kill the akadai king. He talked to me, and offered me a CRUX. I am not roleplaying a pyschopath.
[+] SPOILER
And of course, you don't need to.