A few questions about item durability

Here's where all things related to Book III are being discussed!
peko
Initiate

A few questions about item durability

Post by peko »

Is there any correlation between material and durability? Or does the item level determine base damage and durability depends on that? The entry for Repair in the manual seems to suggest the former, but when I play it seems to be the latter.

Have weapons taken a huge hit to durability since Book II? It didn't find it a big problem then, now it seems quite troublesome. I can only get four to five uses of a feat before there's a real chance that the weapon may break and I'm starting to find it a bit annoying. Weapon skills still affect wear and tear right? If I remember correctly that was how it worked in Book II.

Finally. Are bows a lot less durable than melee weapons? My bow seems to be a lot less durable than my dagger but the bow sees a lot more action so I can't be sure. Feat usage is about the same with both with a slight leaning towards the bow so I don't think that's it.
Ssschah
Council Member

Re: A few questions about item durability

Post by Ssschah »

Durability is stronger the better the material. So Iron weapons and armor have better durability than bronze for example. However, I'm not sure how the durability is relative to book II. Swords at least, seem to break much more easy, early game anyways.
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

peko wrote:Have weapons taken a huge hit to durability since Book II? It didn't find it a big problem then, now it seems quite troublesome. I can only get four to five uses of a feat before there's a real chance that the weapon may break and I'm starting to find it a bit annoying.
Feats now do extra durability damage to weapons. From the manual, "Using a Feat is extremely hard on your weapon, and frequent use of Feats will wear out weapons far quicker than normal combat."
peko
Initiate

Post by peko »

Thanks a lot for the replies!

Good to know about the materials, I sort of hoped that was how it worked.

I knew of the feats extra durability damage. I just thought that using it a few times shouldn't bring my bow to the brink of destruction.