Blue Meanies (Nidiara?)

Here's where all things related to Book III are being discussed!
AK_Marty
Officer [Bronze Rank]
Officer [Bronze Rank]

Blue Meanies (Nidiara?)

Post by AK_Marty »

What is your favorite method for dispatching those annoying blue jellyfish-of-the-air?
They are immune to electricity, 50% immune to arrows and god knows what else.
I put on two anti-magic rings and ran up to them and ice-clawed them, chugging mana potions, then ran back down the stairs to heal up.
Is there a better way?? :?:
Alaska Marty
"It looks a lot more like it does now than it used to!"
Jaymann
Apprentice

Re: Blue Meanies (Nidiara?)

Post by Jaymann »

I used an invisibility potion to grab the waypoint, then came back when sufficiently leveled. My mage had no problem using ice lance.
AK_Marty
Officer [Bronze Rank]
Officer [Bronze Rank]

Post by AK_Marty »

Jaymann wrote:I used an invisibility potion to grab the waypoint, then came back when sufficiently leveled. My mage had no problem using ice lance.
Is the geo-marker left or right after coming up the stairs from the witches lair?
Alaska Marty
"It looks a lot more like it does now than it used to!"
Weird Heather
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by Weird Heather »

If you have divination in your repertoire of magic, fleshboil works on them. Hacking at them with melee weapons works too, but they aren't easy to kill. I haven't tried fireball on them, but I suspect that will work too.
SharpXe
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by SharpXe »

i just spammed compressed air from edge of screen or at night from darkness.

also 50% arrow resistance wont help them, you shoud have about level 25 bows to that point.
Xanathar
Initiate

Post by Xanathar »

As with practically everything else in the game, Compress Atmosphere deals with them pretty easily.
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

AK_Marty wrote:Is the geo-marker left or right after coming up the stairs from the witches lair?
right
hakea
Apprentice

Post by hakea »

The first time I encountered them I just wasn't powerful enough. Wasted some time trying what was in my meagre arsenal but could make no impression on them.

I went back later with around 70 hit points and 110 manna, plus a level 3 ice lance spell, and was able to go toe to toe with them (one at a time) with no problems. No potions or tricks required by then - just good old brute force with a powerful enough spell.
severian
Senior Steward

Post by severian »

As for almost everything else nasty - demon oil, haste and invisibility.
Also I`ve suceeded in a skirmish across the river using oil, keensight and silver arrows +1.
Of course bless and healing potions help a lot
Solar
Initiate

Post by Solar »

I used high level divine magic buffs and blunt force. That is, Leatherskin, Nimbleness, Bless and Haste. Didn't even need Enchanted Weapon since they were pretty easy to hit.
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

Jaymann wrote:I used an invisibility potion to grab the waypoint, then came back when sufficiently leveled. My mage had no problem using ice lance.
What he said - Ice Lance deals with single target enemies like they're a joke.
[+] SPOILER
Even the dimensional eye at the end of the game didn't take more than 5 shots with Lv. 6 Ice Lance.

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
tlstade
Pledge

Post by tlstade »

I took them out by tossing a flask of toxic aura at them, and then wandering around at the edge of the screen or wherever I could be out of sight until they were poisoned to death. It was tedious, but as long as I could stay out of their way, came with no risk to me. And... it was a fairly expensive way to go because toxic aura is not cheap! But it worked, and allowed me to
[+] SPOILER
Scoot around the outside edge of the trees to find the lever in the secret area. When I later found the place where the lever made a difference, the gate was already open!
Aldbeski
Marshall

Post by Aldbeski »

I just poisoned them and sat there waiting :twisted:
P.s : excuse my bad English

Didn't reach my expectations (Eschalon Book 3)>> But Still, A Great Game nevertheless
Palog
Marshall

Post by Palog »

Used poison from the spell to kill first those you see from rangers side. There's 5/6 of them. But it's very tedious, bad idea, moreover the rain seems cancel this poisoning plus they can resist a poisoning and cancel it. Bad idea but it helped when coming to the other side and have less of them to manage. Then used the firetouch spell and trees to hide and make them go close. I hadn't yet a spell as Icelance. For sure at replay I won't use again the poisoning spell, that spell is totally pointless.
munster
Senior Steward

Post by munster »

Compress Atmosphere. Stand on the other side of the river so you're out of their magic zapping range, hit them with this, refresh mana points either by potion or camping for as long as it takes.

Slightly tedious, but when they've been able to resist everything else I threw at them and hit me harder in return, it was very satisfying to smush them to death :D