Stuck in the Akadai Underground

Here's where all things related to Book III are being discussed!
viking_munchkin
Pledge

Stuck in the Akadai Underground

Post by viking_munchkin »

I went back to the Akadai Underground to see if there was anything I missed and now I don't seem to be able to get out... the funny tentacle plant doesn't offer the option to leave the area. Is there something I'm doing wrong?
raverdave2k
Senior Council Member

Re: Stuck in the Akadai Underground

Post by raverdave2k »

I've just checked the script in the editor and it looks like you need a "Fetid Grubb Tumor" in your possession to trigger the exit, so if you have given all of those away and there no grubs left down there for you to kill then yes you are stuck unfortunately.

You would need to use the editor to either remove the condition from the exit plant or give yourself a tumour or drop in another grub for you to kill.
My modifications for Eschalon Book I: RaverDave's Book I Mod
My modifications for Eschalon Book II: Port Kuudad Tower - Now Open, Treasure Of The Orakur

All previous versions avaliable here
Jennuh
Initiate

Post by Jennuh »

You need to have gotten the next item, but on my first visit, i hadn't received all the items i needed to enter the area. Thankfully i had saved it earlier and i knew what i needed so i went to tavern to buy the items. But when i went again, i recieved all the items anyway. Dont know if it was the same for you?
viking_munchkin
Pledge

Oh no... how do I use the editor. I'm running on a Mac.
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

viking_munchkin wrote:Oh no... how do I use the editor. I'm running on a Mac.
I'm still having a heck of a time making a native app build for Mac, so you'll have to do it the hard way. Get the source from https://github.com/apocalyptech/eschalon_utils (use the Download ZIP button), and read the "INSTALLATION, OS X" section.
viking_munchkin
Pledge

Thanks, I'll give it a go :)
Icy
Pledge

Post by Icy »

==========
EDITED:: Used Editor to add item and it worked. I got out. Thank god for the editor! Thank you whoever made this editor.
==========

I find this thread disturbing... :(

I am in Akadia underworld. I have been trying to figure out a way out of there but failed miserably. I had to look up the forum to find an answer so I can move on. I find this.

Editor is a solution? I assume Basilisk Wrangler wouldn't intend that to happen.. I am sure there is alternate way out? unless this is a truly bug or overlooked by BW, oopsy?

I am anxious to move on!
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

Icy wrote: I am in Akadia underworld. I have been trying to figure out a way out of there but failed miserably. I had to look up the forum to find an answer so I can move on. I find this.

Editor is a solution? I assume Basilisk Wrangler wouldn't intend that to happen.. I am sure there is alternate way out? unless this is a truly bug or overlooked by BW, oopsy?
It's not a bug, exactly. The first time through, you just need to make sure
[+] SPOILER
you kill the grubs and have a tumor in inventory
. If you sell them and come back, you can get stuck, but I don't think that's a bug.
Jaymann
Apprentice

Post by Jaymann »

SpottedShroom wrote:
Icy wrote: I am in Akadia underworld. I have been trying to figure out a way out of there but failed miserably. I had to look up the forum to find an answer so I can move on. I find this.

It's not a bug, exactly. The first time through, you just need to make sure
[+] SPOILER
you kill the grubs and have a tumor in inventory
. If you sell them and come back, you can get stuck, but I don't think that's a bug.
Not a bug, but a simple solution would have been to always have at one grub respawn.
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

Respawning monsters isn't a feature of the game engine, unfortunately. Maybe you could make the grubs be the camping encounter enemy for the map, though.
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

Or, as in Book I, have a statue, or some item you can interact with that spawns a monster.

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
raverdave2k
Senior Council Member

Post by raverdave2k »

Another would be to change the exit condition to needing to have the crux that you collect down there instead of the grub, I'd actually assumed this was the case until this thread was posted and I checked the script, although I know realise it does tell you that it's the grub when you use the exit.

That would mean you still need to have completed the area and solved the chest puzzle before you can get out but because you can't give away or put down the crux there would be no chance of becoming stuck on a return visit.

Only downside to that is slightly less realism as currently the plan takes liking to the grub (see's it as food I guess?) would that make quite as much since with the crux?
My modifications for Eschalon Book I: RaverDave's Book I Mod
My modifications for Eschalon Book II: Port Kuudad Tower - Now Open, Treasure Of The Orakur

All previous versions avaliable here
salsaman
Initiate

Post by salsaman »

I am also stuck there. Do I need to pass through the gate with the 3 clams ? I found a red gem and a green gem, but there doesn't seem to be a white gem anywhere to make the 3rd clam close. Help !
KillingMoon
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by KillingMoon »

salsaman wrote:I found a red gem and a green gem, but there doesn't seem to be a white gem anywhere to make the 3rd clam close. Help !
[+] SPOILER
There's an Akadai archer in the western area of the underground who carries a white gem.
Anthea
Initiate

Post by Anthea »

I had the same problems. I found the red and the green gem, but no white gem. All Akadais were killed. So I had to use an older savegame. Fortunately one Arkadai now dropped the white gem, so I could solve the riddle. Maybe this Area is a little bit buggy. It's good to have an old savegame here.